Necro Questions...

kodoz

In the necro book, it says that each summoned familiar has its own unique abilities and bonuses given to the summoner. I know that horde minions are scavengers and pack animals, snatching any regs, gold, leather, ore, bones, or other items off the ground without you even telling it to. However I havent yet figured out what the others do. does anyone know?

Got this out of the necro forum on stratics:

Horde Minion requires 30 Necromancy and 30 Spirit Speak. Abilities: Pack animal, picks up stuff, decent combat assistant.

Shadow Wisp requires 50 Necromancy and 50 Spirit Speak. Abilities: negative energy flare; periodically heals the mana of those friendly to the caster (and the caster) IF they have negative karma. the more negative the karma, the more mana you get back.

Dark Wolf requires 60 Necro and 60 Spirit Speak. Abilities: +1 stamina every 2 seconds. Wolf mastery; allows you to tame any wolf as if it were a 0 difficulty tameable.

Death Adder requires 80 Necro and 80 Spirit Speak. Abilities: Snake charming; you can command any snake to attack a target to which you can do negative acts. You don't get credit for the kill, however.

Vampire Bat requires 100 Necro and 100 Sprit Speak. Abilities: all melee damage it does will heal it's master (You!) for an equal amount.

Familiars can't be commanded like pets. They do join in the fight automatically when you're attacked by something agressive... most of the time? All of the Familiars will invis with you.

Information Provided by evilmoocowgod

I've noticed that the familiars attack only after you hit the enemy regardless of how many times the enemy has hit you or how many times you have attacked the enemy and missed.

What is the best sort of necromancy template out there? A swordsman/necromancer or a mage/necromancer? or a paladin/necromancer? any thoughts/ideas/proposals?

While it is true that the necro spells gain advantage from low karma, not to mention they lower karama. The paladin ability of Sacred Journey can still be used by Necromancers. Unless you have a scribe, using the Sacred Journey can actually be a gold saver. It costs 20 tithing points to use. The cheapest recalls scrolls I have seen are 35gp each. That alone is a 15gp savings everytime you need to recall somewhere. The problem is that you must have the runes out of the rune book. Only the default rune of a rune book willl work if you cast on it.

Also, for those that have not discovered this yet. There is a penalty to being a necromancer. Should you die as: Horrific Beast, Wraith, or Lich your body can be looted instantly by anybody that happens to see it. This is in all lands and all facets. Should somebody choose to loot your corpse if you die while transformed, they will not turn grey to you or to anybody else. Your corpse is considered a monster corpse and is open to looting. If you do see that death is inevitable you may wish to use your remaining seconds to try and reverse the spell. There are many people in the lands of Birtania that will take what they wish from your corpse and consider it theirs to keep.

Not really a question, but an offer.

I have collected multiples of almost every necrop scroll except vampiric embrace. if you need one q me and i will get back in touch with you as soon as possible. All are free for guildmates and friends

Where are the Meer Eternals?

Also, when you are in wraith form you can recall with 0 magery. Just need the reagents. Oh, there is that problem of being looted when you are transformed. I never transform when I fight, doesn't give good enough bonuses from what I have seen. I just like that vengeful spirit spell. :axe: And the strangle spell. :vomit:

Thats incorrect, trust me. I fought meer eternals for about 4 hours the other day, didnt see a single necro scroll other than lich form and wither. If you dont care about the karma loss, get a bunch of luck and go after the meer mages. You need positive karma to survive. If youre negative, they will all jump you. Always have a torch handy when fighting the meer mages, the swarm of bees is one nasty spell...Also never stand near an eternal if someone else is fighting it even if you havent targeted him. He was chasing someone down and ran by me and i wasnt even attacking or targeting him and he said "I shall use the strength of those present!" and automatically took out 105 of my hp and gave it to himself. He cant do this if youre attacking him for some reason. If anyone wishes me to show them where meer mages and eternals spawn ask me later today, ill take you there.

I found the meer eternals in central Ilshenar. Step upon the platform with all the glowing rune marks on it. This location is just north of Blackthornes Castle in Ilshenar. This will take you down into the Meer Crypts. The Meer Eternals around Ilshenar Sacrafice did not seem to have the vampiric embrace as often as the ones in the Meer Crypts. Hope that clears up some confusion.

Edited by Winter Wind