*grumbles*

Balandar

NOT OSI!  EA!!! Remember these guys are so stupid they cancelled UO2 because it would compete with UO to work on UO3d!! Despite the fact that 99.9% of the people who play UO would jump to UO2 in a heartbeat and the fact that UO is getting old and outdated and so damn buggy it's collapsing under it's own weight.

Also keep in mind the first day EA had their hands on the riegns, 4 servers were down for the entire day and 5 for half a day. Putting a valentine or firework wand would probably crash UO unrepairbly in the hands of EA.

And finally, EA (and here comes the REAL shocker)  DOESN'T GIVE A DAMN ABOUT UO'S CLIENT BASE!!! They are phasing it out (yes, lots will argue with me on this one, but admit it...Think the counselor's elimination was just coincidence? THEY DID THEIR WORK FOR FREE! It didn't cost EA anything to keep them and improve our gaming experience.) to make room for some of their own in-house products. Don't remember the name, but they got this way too elaborate game comming out (I posted on this awhile ago) that uses a messaging service to page you or call you on the cellphone with a new clue in some crappy Lone Gunman-like game. Think the $10 bucks for UO is pricey? Wait till the game has to call your cellphone for you to get any farther..And EA thinks we'll eat it up.

Call me naive, but I think if Garriott had kept OSI an independent company, UO would be 100% better. But I can't blame him..if someone offered me a few hundred million for my company, principals be damned!