Wow

Vens Bluesword

Its been a while, and Coldren, Brightblade, Wolf, Balandar? You guys are still at it? I'm impressed. hehe.

Long time no see (some of you MIGHT remember me). I was a young idiot then and now I'm a. . .slightly older idiot? :D

Anyway, March 25th I hear! I will you see you all in Shadowbane. I have. . .improved on my skills, shall we say. I hope I can be a part of the Honor Empire without being a total pain in the ass this time (if you all let me)

Toodles.

Hello Vens.

You still interested in Shadowbane? I been very skeptical as of late. Especially skeptical after seeing the beta testing. Hope the game is better than they have shown so far.

hehe, yes... we are still here. Will still be here for a long time. A lot of dedicated people to the idea of The Honor Empire.

I have to agree with Martok on SB. I highly doubt I will go into Shadowbane when it is released. Guildies would really have to talk me into playing. The graphics are horrible compared with SWG or RoT or even Horizons. I do not like the idea of having to click to go every where, espically in a 3D game! Anyway, AoS has made UO a lot more interesting for me. Espically house design!! Woot!

Hey Vens! Good to hear from you!

I'm not playing UO anymore, mostly DAoC, but I do check the boards regularly.. May join up on the Shadowbane venture, but I'll have to see how my finances are looking then.. :p

As for the other old guys, I only see what I read :devil:

Shadowbane had so much going for it, but it's too little too late.

The MMORPG world has changed too much in the 3+ years it has been since the Shadowbane concept.

It does have the best game-play setup I have seen yet in any single player game. The Point of View is limitless, with 360 degree view range, zoom in/out, and the single click movement on your pull-down mini map is the best way to get around that I have found on any game.

The feature that was best suited for The Honor Empire was of course the fact that you build the player crafted town from scratch. Some of the empires that were created were amazing, While I was there, The player guild I was in (Nex Imperium) had the largest city on the server. It was so much fun actully defending the city walls that you and your guild created. The true roleplay vision of the Honor Empire would have been perfect for Shadowbane.

The races were good too, Aricoix could actully fly(Whats better than a mounted archer? A flying one.)

Too bad that it has become a victom of the age of technology.

I got a beta email about a month ago as well, but didnt even other downloading it. Sad really, because I was anxiously awaiting the game for 2 years :D I've just heard too many negative things from at least 15 others who have played the beta, so I'm going to skip it.

*now anxiously awaits RoT*

I got into SB back in November of 2001. I got tired of remaking characters after wipes. I don't play enough any more to make a character that I am interested in. I like the movement; no chance of running off to nowhere on disconnect. The changing viewpoints are nice. The empire/guild system should be a new standard on how interaction of groups work. I love the way one can put Icons anywhere the want on their desktop. .....on the other hand, the graphics were good for maybe 2 years ago (dated). The server is laggy, and the mobs jump around too much. The landscape is HUGE.....meaning travel between towns is a long lonely jog that takes entirely too much stamina. There are still clipping problems, even in the character models. Recently I've ran into hefty loading lag on entering merchants homes.

Early on, when I manage to make level 21 I was forced/ Jumped to the mainland and had to join a guild in a town called Defiance(whom I didn't like, but hey, someone has to be the bad guys). The reason (unknown to me) was an upcoming invasion of multiple guild against where I'd shown up. It was a set up for some screen shots and tests, at my expense. Then again, it was a beta test. I lost 3 levels of exp. This experience loss has since changed when dealing with PVP. That's where I met Nex Imperium....er...actually slain by...whatever. I did try to join them later, but then there was yet another character wipe. I've since then never had a character over lvl 10. I don't enjoy the game as much anymore.

At least I didn't have to pay for it.

What is everyone going to play next folks?

--Hothgorn TheBlack

hehe..i applied for SB beta like 2 years ago and i still want to SEE it before i just drop it ;)

although with all the bad reviews from friends im thinking of just forgetting about it...

kinda do wish i could play it though :) seeing that my computer cant handle all the new snazzy graphics with all the newer beta tests :D:D

Ahh Hoth I may have been at that battle.

We (Nex) all got a Trebuchet from the siege vendor and marched on the city.

It was pretty fun tagging along with 25 other folks with their HUGE pet Trebuchet's tagging along behind them. We did some serous damage to that city. It was great to actully see your siege weapon fire it's missle and see the destruction and fire it creates. SB is much better than what Mythic came up with in DAoC's siegecraft.

Played some last night till level 4. Very very laggy. Took forever to cast a single spell. I don't know if that was because there were so many people on that server or if it was something else.

It was a lag spike. Spells take a few seconds, but lag spikes can extend them to 30 seconds or more.

Hmmm.. That was one long lag spike. Lasted for the couple of hours that I was on playing.