Attacks of Trinsic

KhioTong

Last last night, a brutal attack was reported within the mother city of Trinsic. A courier named Morris had delivered a note to Olympus stating that Emissary Cheblis was found almost lifeless along the shores of Trinsic beach. Around the victim: bite marks and vials of blood were to be found. Pride and Wolf immeadiately assisted with transfering Cheblis to the infirmary where, thanks to the healing expertise of Pride, he was recovered.

Wolf travelled quite swiftly to the east bank of Trinsic. An investigation.

Arriving immeadiately to the scene: Gratton, Lora De Blood, Wolf, Steel Darknight, Martok, Kurt, Ballyn, SerBrightblade.. and eventually Cheblis. The command was issued and soon teams were sent to patrol the city streets.

First to be found were vials of blood and blackmoore inside of the Paladin Library and then books with odd writings in them. I could not deceifer their markings but they were writen with blood. Oddly enough, Lora De 'Blood', later was able to decode one of them, and from it she read: "Send no more into the sands."

I would then be partnered with the patrolling group lead by Wolf, followed by Kurt then Gratton. We were near the south banks when we encountered an odd fellow by the name of Peyton. Wolf started to question him, but he was vague and resisted. Within moments, Peyton had elluded us, and we were on the run to the West Bank.

There were met up with the other patrolling groups. We decided to all make way to the Barracks, as Gratton had reported odd pieces of armor.

Right before we reached the Barracks, we again saw Peyton on the walkway-overpass. I have never seen our Guardians descend onto anyone with such agility and effectiveness. Peyton was soon surrounded. I climbed the walkway and started to question him, he then claimed that this matter was out of my juristiction as Governor. It then occured to me, that he must be familiar with the empire. Not only was he familiar with the empire, but familiar with our ranks. His knowledge was outdated though, since my promotion from Nicomedia to Illycium did include the city of Trinsic.

After some unanswered questions, he requested to speak with Lora De Blood, pointing out the change in her badge. Wolf was relluctant, but soon agreed after a White Dragon was summoned for Lora's protection. Leaving Peyton and Lora on the walkway, we all made our way to the Barracks. We started to discuss the events of the evening, when I suddenly lost mental connection with Lora.

We all flew through the doorways and down to the overpass, only to find that Peyton and Lora were missing. Wolf immeadiately issued an order to scan the area. I recoiled and requested that we not split up, but he was already clear out of sight. Along with Steel and Ballyn, we eventually found Lora and Peyton sitting quite calmly at the Inn located near the city gates.

When asked, Lora responded that she was alright.

At that point, the troop started to disperse thinly and I couldn't match wits with the people present. We all eventually reconvened at the Barracks, where Steel mentioned the importance of PGoH regional pride and how we should reclaim Trinsic before it all but fades away. The troop decided to call it a night, with many questions left unanswered as to who the assailant was, what was Peyton's part in all of this, and what those messages in the book meant.

Most of the guardians had decided to settled into the local inn. I had recommended to Ballyn and Gratton, a fabulous tavern called the: Mystical Spirits (far east in the town of of Nu'jelm), they agreed to accompany. We arrived we were soon greeted by Tom, the grascious barkeep of that establishment, when a pidgeon with feathers stained in blood landed at my feet. Around its neck it carried a note of importance. I had immeadiately recognized the markings of SteelDarknight, it read:

"Governor.. I have just found Emissary Cheblis, he was huddled in a corner of one of the rooms, knawing at a piece of raw meat. Our efforts to contain him are failing, please come immeadiately."

Unfortunately, when I arrived, the Emissary was nowhere to be found. Ballyn has remained on guard-duty at Olympus all night to patrol the local areas. I took the long road to Yew to seek out the Emissaries home: deep inside the woods of Yew. What I found there would change the fate of the Emissary forever.

67o 3'N, 22o 21'W

Thank you for the report Governor.

Dark times abound it seems. At this point, we do not know if it is connected, yet based on evidence on hand suspect that it is. Prior to Lora meeting with "Peyton" for though familiar with the Empire, I feel hides truth behind deception to what end only he and his superior's may know. A member of the Empire was cut down mysteriously upon the very cobblestones of the Trinsic north bank. Lora having hear the death cry teleported to the body, yet saw noone with no evidence of an attack, save the obvious corpse laying at her feet.

With the Governor's investigation I would suggest those that have the ability, seek out the location he has marked in his report to ascertain what it is that can so radically impact the Empire. In addition, The streets of Trinsic are not to be left empty.

Warriors of the Empire, when your duties do not hold you elsewhere, ensure that your presence is felt in the mother city. Fear grips its citizens.

Guard thyself.

May the light of Honor protect us all in these dark times.

Wolf

Let it be known that.. one mystery of Cheblis's possession has been revealed.. When Cheblis issued the emote:

"Stares into the Eyes of: (Name)"

You will then be under his power of control -and an enemy to PGoH. At that time you must wear a Red Cape. So be sure to have one on you at all times. The only way to be released from this control is to Die and then be Ressurected.

With the analyzation of Strider.. The clue: Lich Lord of Covetous was revealed.

I have spent much time in attemting to solve this ,ost perplexing riddle. While I can say without any doubt I have found the answer, I have come across something most interesting.

My main goal thus far has been to cross-referance sand and the events involving our troubled Cheblis. The most provocative document I have come across so far was about a 'Fallen Angel' named Vicutus.

---------------------------------------------------

[in the Beginning]

Before time was as it is, there was darkness. And this great void was filled with cries of loneliness and thought. So the One Who Is Many created Light and Place and Time. And Guardians were created to be set at Watchtowers to protect the Gates between this world and that which cannot be seen. And they were separated by clan and rank. Then it happened: the Brethren gradually drifted away from the Source. Those who drifted the least remained nearest The One. And those who moved further out fell into the lower air. Those who fell further were made of Fire and were transformed on contact with the earth and the Fire became flesh. Yet, there are those who drifted out farthest of all and became something else.

[The Creation of the Animal Man and the War of the Sons of Light against the Sons of Darkness]

Then came Man: The Shame and Glory of the Universe. And much is to be said here for man was not what he is today. Man was a savage, a beast among beasts in the likeness of the Brethren. Today's science recognizes this animal man as Australopithecus afarensis. And to believe the Divine Sculptor wanted this masterpiece bowed to? Such nonsense! But there was a tree amongst the garden of God, nor was there any other like him in beauty for he shined as the morning star - and so was his name. And he opened his mouth and began to speak:

"O! Great Master, when You created us did You not command us to bow to no one but Yourself? Then You create this thing whom you consider higher than the Brethren? Man is a tool-using animal...without tools he is nothing; and a cruel death is always near, so frail a thing is man. I am sorry, my Lord, but I cannot disobey the first commandment."

And amongst the ranks was God's Strength -Azazel- who also responded with:

"How can a Son of Fire bow to a Son of Clay"?

And it happened. There was war among the Brethren and my Brothers were not my Brothers any longer.

[The Masterpiece perfected and the Divine Fornication]

Millenia upon millenia have passed and this animal man evolved, but maintained the likeness of its beastly ape cousins. So once more the Great Sculptor created a dividend within this man race by making him aware of His Spirit; thus making him sentient and named him Adam - from the four component parts and appointed for him four special stars - and to him was shown two ways, the light and the darkness. Then came war among Man so that they established clan and rank as the Brethren. Eventually, the tree of Adam prospered over the old race. And it came to pass that the Sons of Fire looked down upon the Daughters of Man and found them fair. So the Brethren conspired to leave their first estate and take wives for which they chose. Their leader, and many others too numerous to mention, was Semyaza. The Fallen came to change man's ways so that man became part-Brethren: filled with the knowledge of things hidden and secret. The children born unto them were called the Nephilim (among the Moabites they were called Emims, and among the Ammonites Zamzummims, and by other tribes Rephaim). These were the heroes of old, men of renown.

[secrets Revealed: The Blood is the Life]

To this new race was made known the secrets of living: of healing, warfare, metallurgy, music, the art of cosmetics, the occult science of summoning spirits and divination, astrology, and much more! But most importantly, that the spirit of a living body resides in its blood, and by partaking of blood, the partaker of the blood gains the power of the creature whose life is in the blood. And some of them assulted their brethren and drank their blood in order to gain this power. And this knowledge spread . Then, the Great Judge brought the Great Flood, for this new breed was not His creation and his ways were not His ways. And even after that the Fallen continued to come unto the Daughters of Man and their offspring dwelled in the lands of Edom, Moab, Ammon, Gilead, Bashan, up to Mt. Hermon and fought against the followers of the Great Spirit in the lands of Edrei, Ashtaroth, Heshbon, down to the river of Arnon.

And the world was purified by His ways and Semyaza, as punishment for his sins, hangs upside down as the constellation Orion: suspended between Heaven and Earth. And the Fallen hath been delivered into chains of darkness. So now, we - the spiritual descendants of Divine Fornication - have come into the world to teach man once more.

*Immortal Kiss*

Maybe I am wrong and this has nothing to do with what has taken hold on Cheblis, but I will continue work on this and report what news I find.

Further investigating and poring over page aver page of ancient manuscripts led to this interesting quite scrawled by Vicutus himself ...

"And so here I sit in a commonplace room, and behind me there hangs a shadow which is out of all keeping with the age and place. In this age of knowledge I am weighed down and tortured by a power of which science knows nothing. No magistrate would listen to me. No paper would discuss my case. No doctor would believe my symptoms. My own most intimate friends would only look upon it as a sign of brain derangement. I am out of all touch with my kind." ~~ Vicutus

I know many of us are working on whats behind all of this, but I firmly beleive I am on the right track. All throughout text from ancient desert writings the same symptoms Cheblis seems to be experiencing come uo a bit too often. Also, this strange pawer to control other people is mentioned frequently. Other powers are brought up as well, but in hopes that he may not gain these even-stronger powers, I will not mention them here.

Until we have more solid information on what has truly befallen young Cheblis, we will not have a cure in place that does not require knocking the breath out of them completely, so try to keep krrp your dictace at this time, unless an innocent is in trouble, then of course take the Empire's normal stance on defending the innocents.

I truly hope I am wrong borther and sisters, but at this time, all the tomes and scrolls I have come across point to Cheblis and his 'maker' as being able to be only one creature, the acnient and mystical Vampyre.

It is indeed True.. not only through my investigation but also by just viewing Cheblis and speaking with others of my "house". He is indee a vampire. however he is now fortunatley FREE from the control of his Master.

Cheblis has control of himself, and is still a Vampire, with the powers of a newly formed Vampire.

Do not fear.. I know for a fact that this fact alone will not make him an evil being. The fact that he has a will of his own is most promising, and though it is stil to be a most intriguing power, not one that can harm us.. I have read and know, that one of his kind will have power over lesser creatures of the wild, the ability to command them with a simple thought.

MOst helpful to the EMpire if he is strong enough to bend his new life to good.

And can be done..

Though for future note incase of emergency.. I do have a cure for Vampirism, have used it before and know that it will free him completly, without harm comign to him or others. It is a long process, requires care, but can be done.

This could be a small blessing in disguise, for at the very least we have grown in diversity.

Strider.. Ancient Sage.