UO Macroing and You

Lord Ser Brightblade

The Ultima Online policy on unattended macroing has been updated, and our Game Masters will now be taking a more active role in eliminating unattended macroing from UO. Players who are determined to be macroing in the game while not at their computers will now face an immediate suspension from the game of at least 72 hours. Of course, players with multiple offenses, including confirmed use of unapproved third party applications, may find their penalties escalated.

It is our goal to provide an enjoyable and exciting co-operative gaming experience for all our users, and we feel that unattended macroing does not help us achieve this goal.

Third party progs are always very taboo, but there are a few "acceptable" ones, at least in OSI's eyes.  UOA is of course allowed, so if you use that to loot, then your good to go.  EUO and most scripting progs are no-no's in OSI's mind, but as they in no way affect the client they cant catch you unless a GM happens to actually hear you talking about it in game.  (if yer that silly you deserved to get caught   :smash:   )  Now the UOA "Helper progs" are a little tricky.  UOA map, big OK, UOA-Loop, big shake of the finger from our parent figures.  UOA-Loop fortunatly is also undetectable, as it works through UOA and not the client (essentally it just keeps playing the macro, and there servers cant tell this from you actually hittin the play macro button.)  Hope that was helpful, and if you need to know about any specific prog just name it and ill take my best guess.

P.S. :  Any form of Hex editor is VERY detectable, and will get you banned faster then you can log in.  Ok, I exagerate, but pretty darn quick.

ok, i keep hearing mention of scripts/programs that help you loot.....

where the heck do you find those?!   :D

Im EXTREMELY slow at looting my corpse and have lost so much over the years because of it, but cant find this fabled program anywhere  *laughs*    

:smash: