GUILDBASHING II - Revenge of the Wimps

Rumblebore

:sword:

Due to popular Demand - Guildbashing returns. Meet in the Arena off of Lake Rathetear on Sunday (see above).

:sword:

Eldy is talking smack about people and those people want to put him in his place.

:smash:

Come one Come all - this will be a several hour event and the rules are posted below.

HIGH LEVEL CLERICS ARE GREATLY DESIRED. there will be deaths and high level rezzes are preferred.  But please be ready for less than 96% if that is all we can get.

This is meant for CLEAN fun, so please be on your best behaviour and bring your best smack talk.    :biggrinSmurf:

1) No player may challenge another that is more than 5 levels different from them for this event. (Level 50 players can only combat with levels 45 – 55.)

2) Both players get to examine the other player’s equipment before the battle.  At that point, BOTH players are committed to wearing that equipment and to the battle.  This will allow caster classes to adjust spells at the last minute if necessary.  However, once both characters are done, the battle starts in exactly 1 minute.  Period. This one minute timer is called out by the adjudicator of the battle. This examining is the moment of commitment to the battle.  

3) PRIOR to the examination, the Challenger will issue a /duel command and the challenged will accept.  THEN the examination may proceed. (Outside buffs may be applied now, according to Rule 7 below).

4) Number of Weapons: OK, let’s assume everyone knows what the other classes are capable of.  You will go into combat knowing that warriors tend to do damage by melee (close) combat and casters will cast, Shammys & druids tend to snare and DOT, etc… Okay, that covered, you may bring ONE weapon PER SLOT to the battle and only ONE shield (which doesn’t have to be shown in the exception!) (SLOT in this sentence means – Primary Melee, Secondary Melee, and Ranged Slot). While you can switch among those weapons, you cannot SUBSTITUTE another weapon during combat. If you want to wield a 2Hs you MUST show it in the examination.  But once you do, you are limited to that weapon ONLY, since you cannot bring both a 1h and 2h weapon to the examination. (Clarifying this point: Eldoran brings his epic (1Hs) and a 1Hb to dual wield, as well as his bow and a shield (not a ‘weapon and would not be shown in the examination).  He can start with the 2 swords equipped but decides to Snare and Bow his opponent for the first few rounds of combat.  He then runs in and dual wields, but then decides that his epic and a shield is smarter. All this is allowable.  If he decided to switch to a 2Hs in combat, then he has violated this rule, since it was not originally one of the weapons he brought to the examination.) [second Clarification: I bring a 2hs examination. Later in combat, I switch to barehanded and the shield.  Although the shield is not shown in the examination, it is still allowed and this is a valid combination.)

5) EPICS. Both players MUST have their epics and agree before the Examination that Epics WILL be used BY BOTH.

6) Pets – CAN be cast before the examination, and can be recast during combat. Any pet available to a player will be allowed.  Pets MUST be allowed since they are a Mages main ability. Challengers must take this into account when challenging.  A Ranger challenging a Mage is in for a 1 on 2 battle.  However, ranger can sneak, snare, root, sneak again………  

7) Buffs – No self-buffing prior to the examination.  During the examination and in the 1 minute before start of battle, self buffs may be applied. HOWEVER, NO outside buffs are to be allowed. If the challengers agree to it, buffs CAN be added prior to the examination with the understanding that BOTH players get the same buff.  Thus, Alacrity can be cast on the warrior as long as the ranger he challenged gets it too.

8) Fear Spells/Procs/Effects – OK we’ll allow this for this first time.  Let’s see how this really affects things.

9) Proc weapons – Now allowed.  Again, we’ll see how this affects things or if it overbalances things.  

10) NO-DROP Armors – Higher level chars wear almost nothing but this armor.  Qque makes a good point.  So let’s allow this.  And let the challenger/Challenged beware!

11) Breeze/Clarity/KEI – Breeze and Clarity can be cast according to Rule 4 above. NO KEI may be used. *(See special HL challenges). *Reasoning – It skews things too much – Clarity is fine for this event.

12) *Special High Levels Challenges – In this case, for level 55+ vs 55+ and BOTH AGREE, many of these rules can be altered or changed to accommodate special circumstances that BOTH PLAYERS want and agree to IN ADVANCE and MUST be spelled out to the Lead Co-Ordinator.

13) These RULES – Since retyping these rules in game is prohibitive, then ALL Challengers MUST have come to the board here and read them PRIOR to the Examination so that they are understood. Also, prior to the Examination, the challengers will be asked if they have read these rules.  Both MUST answer yes or the challenge WILL NOT be carried out. Period.

14) Interference – There is the possibility that others may come to watch and hopefully NOT interfere. Any outside interference from anyone (including, but not limited to another Guild member, another PC, a GM/Guide, a pet not affiliated with either combatant, a zone/server crash) which would disrupt the proceedings of the contest, will nullify the contest forcing a retrial at a later time

15) Challengers who win 3 challenges in a row without dying may be eligible to win a prize. (This is still being worked out – I need Eldorans and all Guild Officers Input on this, although Eldoran and Myself will be the final ‘choosers’ of any prizes won.)  This Rule MAY expand, depending on our final assessment.

Set-up:

1) Players gather at location at appointed time.

2) List of challenges are compiled.

3) No PC may fight 2 challenges in a row (back-to-back) – They must sit out at least one challenge before engaging in another one.  This will continue unless it is impossible to maintain this Guideline.

4) A High-Level Cleric must be present for ALL activity.  This is Lolanya’s "extra" rezzer, who will be available for immediate return of all sad losers. Also full heals will be given at the end of combat. (This Cleric may have KEI on).

5) A Lead Co-Ordinator will be present – this person cannot be challenged or make a challenge.

6) From 2-3 “Referee’s “ will be appointed to watch for violations of rules.

7) You may only challenge someone within 5 levels of your characters level.

8) All combat MUST take place within the appointed area. Leaving the appointed area, even by mistake, is a Forfeit of the challenge. (Exception – Knockback from an attack might cause someone to leave the combat area.  The PC so effected MUST immediately return within 10 seconds or a forfeit will be called by a Referee.) Intentional knocking of a challenger out of the combat area (if it is so agreed that was the intent by 2 of the 3 Referees) will be grounds for calling a forfeit against the one doing the knockback.  Lets keep it fair and fun everyone.

9) In the spirit of fun, any class may challenge any other class.  BE CAREFUL about accepting challenges where you may be easily taken out by another class. BE CAREFUL about accepting any challenge – this is for fun and the challenger may have something up their sleeves.  You MAY be killed in combat – EXPECT the possibility to happen.  But go into the challenge with the plan to have a great time, even if you get your bottomside tanned.

10) All contestants have the right to cry (/cry) "UNCLE" (generally known to show that you suck and your opponent is a god/goddess), wherein combat will end, the loser will log out/in to clear the duel, and the winner commended. It is recommended that an “UNCLE” button be created (just in case). (heh heh)

11) Challengers who win 3 challenges in a row without dying may be eligible to win a prize. (This is still being worked out – I need Eldorans and all Guild Officers Input on this, although Eldoran and Myself will be the final ‘choosers’ of any prizes won.  This Rule MAY expand, depending on our final assessment.

Ok now to put everyone's mind at ease their is no xp lose when dueling, UNLESS you are killed by a dot. And I do believe that those were banned from the event last time but I could be wrong. but come and enjoy and have fun. It's a blast

Woot! Count me in! I want a rematch Eldy!  :D

Btw, just saying, you dont have to duel to fight in the Arena, but I guess it would be good to keep track of who wins  :smash:

:rolleyes:  :D  :D  :cheeburga:  :sleep:

-the order of what i will be doing ^_^

Was fun the last time we had it  :smash:

Looking forward to getting Beio butt kicked  :D  :D

Oh Eldy, you ready to die again?   :cheeburga:

It's all in good fun  :alien:

Galdin, galdin, galdin

Lilor my buddy, time to hide friend lmao...... maybe not  :D  :rolleyes:

Archived