Uniforms

Elathiel

Ok, we have touched on this a number of times, yet we still have no solution. For those of you that were unable to attend tonight's meeting, we figured out why we havent come to a solution.

Back in the early part of this year, we held a vote. Everyone in the guild chose, out of about 15 variations, the color purple they wanted to be 'PGoH Purple'. The winner was the purple that sits in the eastern wing of Olympus at this time. However, it seems as though we have a serious shift in the color most members prefer.

My proposal is that we have ONE MORE vote, with the existing leadership and membership, to decide ince and for all time the color associated with the Empire. We would have the choice of the current purple or the bright and shiny purple (it have a specific name?). Leadership ok with setting up a poll to conclude this matter?

I'm personally not fussed either. I just want us to adhere to the dress-code as stated in the Codex. Only asking for one last vote, because most seem to be leaning back to the former purple of PGoH. Seems that if we had a vote then the ones not adhering to it now, would after. At least thats what was discussed at the meeting tonight.

Doesnt matter to me though .. I just want us all on the same page once and for all.

Well if the general membership wishes a change in something it is always allowed to be open for debate.  The issue, much as it has been here, is to be brought up on the boards and then the Senate can decide the next course of action.  Its all about representation of the guilds needs.  So it looks like this topic would be something to place on the Senates agenda for the next meeting.  With luck a Senator will take note soon and schedule a meeting.

The Dark Purple that sits in the special tub was the most recent choice of the color shade of Purple members decided upon.

The Black portion of the code is from me and the backdrop storyline.

Each of the Cohorts have colors which the Centurions declared long ago and they have stuck.

For reference purposes.......we moved to the new purple darker shade so that the mis interpretation of our members as GoL would lessen........which has indeed helped.

We are a more darker and a roleplaying guild deeper than GoL which is for the most part a gamer guild that roleplays where we are a roleplay guild that roleplays a game.

We both have fun and utilize OOC when we need to or it doesnt mess with ongoing scenarios or content........PGoH is just closer to the RP in concert with OSI.

As I have seen a growth in the performance of many members in roleplaying and including interactions with new players to UO.........this I must commend you all on this support.........GREAT JOB.

What is also growing is the use and depth of the areas we have created and build with your ideas as roles for the Empire citizens......you are really starting to shine in making the PGoH Empire a more fluid and deep ocean of Fun to sail on and with.

I absolutely agree with what I have seen in recent weeks. The sense of community, thus development, has increased nicely and is on an upward trend. Lets keep it up and reach the goals we all have in mind for the Empire and its citizens !

The only thing that I would ask is that consideration is taken in is for an alternative uniform for the women. I for one am tired of dressing as a man. I have no problem with wearing armor for battle but must I really wear it all the time to show my alligence to the Guild? Or is this something I am confused about? :smilewinkgrin:

You do not have to wear armor at all times Leah. The main part of the uniform is what shows your Empire ties, ie. sash of your cohort color and purple apron .. add cloak where applicable.

**ARMOR and the Codex****

Howdy folks.  Just to re-iterate from days gone by.  The armor listed on the attire section is for ceremonial purposes. i.e a trade day event, picture day etc.... If you desire to wear that particular style all the time, by all means feel free to do so but again it is mandatory for ceremonial events.  The clothing articles listed in the attire section are the required uniform components, i.e the Sash and half apron kilt etc...  We all know that different armor is required depending on your skills and what you are off to do battle with, but we would appreciate the adherence to the clothing component of the attire. It's not so hard to get a newbie kilt, half apron and cloak (for you knights out there) that allows you to be recognized for who you are.  T'is a small thing to ask in service of the Empire no?

Hope that helps clarify.

And  MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!! :)