Archery Contest

Elathiel

Ok. Been muddling around with this idea and have bounced some ideas off of Ballyn as well.

What I would like to have is an archery contest involving any and all archers throughout the land. We will have the target (an alt character wearing no armor and standing there with a smile). All archers will take turns using a new exceptional player-made bow taking down the target from a standing postion, then on mountfrom point 1, fire, run to point 2, fire, point 3 fire, point 4 fire to get a kill or damage total. This will deliver a final score combining how long it took to kill in round 1 as well as time and dmg or kill bonus in round 2.

Came up with this to have a final winner and avoid a 'shoot-off' at the end. Besides, I think this would make it a bit different from any other archery events I've seen.

I see this as being a great way to have some fun and promote the Empire all across the land !

Anyone else have any ideas or thoughts? Thanks  :)

Yes, it will be in a remote spot somewhere in Fel. Dont think we should have too much red trouble. Events on other shards like tournaments and such have been going pretty smoothly even with the location in Fel announced 2 weeks in advance.

This is a great idea.  You should go forward and type up some type of ruleset, remember leave nothing open for interpritation.  Then set a date and dispatch all the information to stratics and uo.com and Bal so that it can be posted.  Our Emmisaries can then spread the word with allies and enimies alike.  I bet it would have a very good draw.

I will work on getting a final set of rules, time, place, etc .. over the next couple days and post them as soon as they are complete. Is it prudent for me to compete since I will be 'running' the event or should I stand aside in the interest of the Empire?

Ok, I have everything all set for this except the best place in Fel. Also, is it best if we pick a spot and tell everyone or, if some lovely mages we have would help, do we set up a meeting point to provide gates to the contest or both?

Any ideas on where ni Fel would be est would be much appreciated. If we can get that decided soon, I'm thinking 3 weeks from tonight as the date.