New Scenario

Steel DarKnight

With the new scenario coming in tommorow I have decided to start a post regarding it. Over the next few weeks many discoveries will be made and passing these on to your fellow members will be of benefit to all.

Please post any discoveries,information, and accomplishments below for all to see!

To start us off I have uncovered the following information.

UO Boards : Notes on the new Scenario.

This details some specifics on monsters and also mentions ridables and barding.

This is the UO boards so you will need to be registered to view.

Welp, not a whole lot to throw in, just what ive learned.

1.)  Baskets are on workers, braclets are on warriors.

2.)  Red Solans are Tram, Black Fellucia

3.)  Acid hurts...  A lot.  Your best odds are with a melee figher as it will only shoot acid near death, and in trammel its easily avoided by steping forward quickly to where your on top of the ant.  If your fast enough you will take no damage from it.  Neither high AR nor high resist seem to affect the damage they deal.

4.)  As far as I can tell, the pack instincts rumors are untrue, but im no tamer so I could be wrong.

5.)  One last tip for fighters.  If you find your loosing a fight, dont run far.  Try to just keep 3-4 steps ahead of them, or they will shoot acid at ya.  Certian death if your already low.

Welp, thats what Ive figured out so far.  One thing Id like to know is if they dispel or can be barded.  Im willing to wager that we will eventually need to fight these things in numbers (being ants and all) and either of those abilities would make them far more deadly.

They do not dispell...they can be barded...however explode doesnt seem to work well...very often they resist it totally...mares own them, however when thier sac bursts it takes about half the mares life...oh and a big no on the pack instincts

Week 2 brings us the much awaited 4th and 5th year vet rewards, and best of all, the ridable beetles! These are very very very useful creatures, they double as a pack animal too!  And they are very easily able to defend themselves, unlike a packhorse.  They seem to take between 60-70 taming, and like swampies or ridgebacks, can be transfered and controlled by anyone.  

The tameable ones are part of the spawn that appears when you walk near one of the holes the Solen come from. Usually it's just workers and warriors, but every now and then, you find a beetle!  Next, you need to bring it to near death.  You'll get a message that says the creature has been beaten into subjugation, and you know it's ready to tame!  They have 300 str, and 500 intelligence(!) but no magery.  Steel and I tested them, they seem to dish out more damage than a frenzied ostard, but lack the pack instincts. They take up 3 control slots, and eat meat.  That's all the info I have on them at the moment   :smilewinkgrin:

Actual Combat results of Beetles.

I decided to take my new "pet" out to test its limits.

Results follow.

300hp total Beetle

Harpies = Not even a sratch (2 harpies)

Earth Eles = at most 6-7 hp lost on one Earthy

Ice Troll = Killed Frost troll with about 180 hp left

Air Ele = Killed Ele lost 59 of 300 hp.

Please note that this was a freshly tamed beetle with no training.

This will be a very useful tool for warriors.

ok ok not to break my trend of EA hatred over the last few weeks, but hey, they have apeased me.  How did they do this?  By introducing something not only accessable, but for the love of god useful!!!  Im gunna train mine up to leetness and rox the mining world!  :smash:  Seriously though, little info for you miners out there.  They can hold 133 large ore at one time, still be ridden while holding stuff, and best of all, can take bout anything in a normal miners area no prob!  What do I forsee comming of this?  Warriors riding bug into dung's and using them to store loot,  thus turnin a 10k run into a 60k run.  Am I a genius?  Prolly   :smilewinkgrin:   Just this once...  Good idea EA.  (there still pixil crack though)

So do our mounted Legion members create a new menace to those that would stand against the Legion. ::smash::  (Envisions, the cavalry cresting the hill upon the backs of the glistening beetles.  As the Legion descends upon its foe the mounted warriors drop from their mounts and draw weapons thus releasing a dual edged weapon of destruction against our enemies.)  Fun  thought to entertain yes?

As I mentioned to a few ppl at last sundays meeting, I have found the ants tactical plans.

You all say they do not have pack instincts, this is atrue to a degree, not all of them do, but in 3times out of 5 when I encountered them red solan ants they kept a sort of unity.

I would enocunter a red worker, and myself knowning theres was a warrior only 20 spces away maybe one screen away, the worker would scream out, this would arouse the attention of the warrior, and so it did, I had 1 more worker and warrior come to the aid of its comrade as I slayed it.  The warrior blasted me with 4 acid spits, before reaching my toe to toe, luckily I side stepped most of the damage.

From this perspective they do have a pact type tactic, but most of the time you find straglers.  

Also form the main queen ant who aks you to kill her competition for the matriarch position, hmmm let's think theres 6 queens, if you include the one you tlak to.

Now bear with me, once you kill all 5 and get your reward I presume eventually this quest will go bye bye, and that one queen will be the top dog.  Now if this happens, she will bring unity to the ants, and then you should see some pact formationsd among the ants.

As in real life this holds true, too many queens results in confusion among the ants, diff sects within the red solan army, once they are unified, we are gonna bein some deep ####. :biggrinSmurf:

A little info not exactly "scenario" related but coming in with that patch:

Gardening makes a comeback. And a usefull one too!

There is a new resource now available to gardeners and players, called thorns. Those sweet little resources will spawn random piles of each regs simply by planting a thorn in a brown patch of dirt. The same dirt you fill your plant bowls with. So if you run out of regs and out of charges in your arcane suit, just find some brown stick your thorn in some dirt and you're ready to go.

The stacks of assorted regs will start appearing within seconds in the area where you planted the thorn. On her first attempt, Devil Woman received 7 stacks of regs: 2 of sulfurous ash and 1 each of nightshade, black pearl, spiders' silk, blood moss, and garlic for a total of: 32 ash, 18 pearl, 12 moss, 18 garlic, 11 spiders' silk, and 15 nightshade.

The thorns can be obtained through cross-pollination of 4th generation plants. They are bright green resources and therefore come from bright green plants. The confirmed plats producing them are the bright green barrel cactus and the bright green snake plants.

This is not confirmed since I am no gardener, but, would be interesting.

No pun intended.

Saw this post and thought It would be wise to warn.

"BTW. Info you may want for your news page. I found a bug with gold checks and beetles. If someone is mounted on a beetle and I hand then a check it drops to the ground below them and is covered by the beetle. I had this happen twice to me. very bad bug."

*Cries* My poor poor beetles...

Beetles fall down the tallest wimp tree...

...and hit every branch on their way down. That l33t pack fighter may now rest in peace. The Dev Team figured their strength made them too popular so they got revamped... for the worse. Those of you who haven't yet received the scenario (ie everyone but LS) enjoy the last hours with your powerful beetle. Once you get the scenario, your beetles stats will have taken a serious drop.

Here is a sample of the stats beating a beetle took overnight:

Before After

GM Wrestle

GM Tactics

72.3 Resist

GM Anatomy

300 HP

125 Dex

50 Wrestle

50 Tactics

30 Resist

50 Anatomy

75 HP

63 Dex

Talk about rude awakenings! The only upside is that it can still carry 1600 stones like before. Please note that your weight is added to the weight your beetle carries. So for those of you wondering why when you try to ride a fully packed beetle, you keep getting the message that you're fatigued, it's because your weight combined to that of your beetle exceeds 1600.

Next up Thorns!

Stick it in the sand, ant hole appears. It will give you access to the 5th ant hole and the fire see.

Stick it in the snow, you get ice snakes and a tameable giant ice worm.

Stick it in the grass, random regs appear.

Stick it in the swamp area, a wipping vine (looks like a corpser) will appear, and gives vines as loot

Stick it in the farm land, a "Vorple bunny" will appear, very hard to kill. Rumor has it it carries easter eggs