GW2 Costs More?

Chaz

http://news.mmosite.com/content/a/2012-05-12/guild_wars_2_could_cost_you_more_than_you_would_expect_1.shtml

Just an interesting article about the gem shop for GW2, and the types of items and services scheduled. Some of it I didn't know, such as the 'storage' option...this makes me very wary. I spent so much time during the first BWE just playing the GAME, I didn't pay much attention to the shop.

I think Monday, I'm going to focus on the other stuff so I know how much this game is going to cost me.

I'm something of a collector. *looks at WoW bank packed with archeology items and random drops / rewards*

I didn't read the entire article, but does it say what the cost is for the gems?

Considering they are going to have a huge player base, I doubt they would charge an arm-and-leg for gems, but still make it high enough so people can't purchase 10,000 gold on day 5 (if there would be that kind of money in game by then).

Storage will cost more, and it's one thing I am saving for.. or will be trying to get some cash from the diablo 3 auction house. haha!

Soda can deposits or in my case deposits from Energy drinks ehhehe.....will be my gaming source of gem change in this game engine.

I will look at Storage for my main 3 and char slots as the only things other than expansion area/game editions as things ill be buying.

Omg you found that article too. I know the guy that wrote it, he was my former guild leader in a past game I played. He's an arrogant, ignorant, stuck up idiot with to much pride. Anyway..

Everything he says in his article isn't true its just rantings of someone who didn't do any research and cant afford to use real cash. You can buy everything in the cash shop for ingame gold and the some of it (I think its the storage or bag space) is craftable anyway. He's making a big deal out of something that isn't even an issue. Just because someone can use real cash in the store verses someone who has to wait a while for ingame gold isn't game breaking. mmosite really needs some kind of voting system to delete dumb articles like these...(done my rant)

Yeah, I got a good look at the store while waiting for the game to let my friend connect...I wasn't freaking out, just a bit hesitant. Cash shops, to me, are the bane of MMORPGs. However it seems like ANet did this one good, for now at least, and nothign seems to be overblown or game-changing.

I did see, however, that I will be paying money at some point, or at least lots of gold...I'm an inventory hog, and I'll need all the bag space I can get. :(

Archived