Mission Statement

Hi everyone,

One of the things I've been putting off for a while is creating the guild's mission statement. The statement is a small blurb of text (300 characters) that shows up whenever a user clicks onto our www.swtor.com guild website. We are free to put anything we want in there (keep in mind that 300 characters is REALLY short).

I've looked at several examples from other RP guilds and it seems that the content follows one of three patterns;

- A "RP-style" description of the guild

- A "play-style" description of the guild

- A combination of the above

Below you'll find two proposed Mission Statements I'd like to get your feedback on. Let me know which you'd prefer OR propose one of your own!

Option A) RP-style

"Vigilance is an organization tasked with maintaining the balance of power within the Empire. Its members

root out those who may wish to undo or corrupt its hierarchy. They are an elite unit, dealing swift justice to any who would cross them, Republicans and Emperials alike."

Option B) play-style

"Vigilance is a guild that brings together gamers from various MMOs. We favor mature and social individuals who enjoy light role-play. Our focus is varied and includes anything from questing to endgame content. We are always on the lookout for new helpful and friendly players."

I like A for SWTOR and any intro pages.

And B for an extended about us page, or the "who we are page". E.G. The Honor Empire descriptions.

As SWTOR allows you to specify information about who we prefer to game with, I do not think we need it in the description. Thoughts?

Read Martok's other reply, he suggests:

"Commissioned by Keeper, this elite unit deals out swift and unwavering justice to those that stand in the way of Imperial progress."

Instead of:

"They are an elite unit, dealing swift justice to any who would cross them, Republicans and Emperials alike."

I'm not much of a fan of Republicans but he does have a point that is not the right term. :rotflmao: And Emperials is spelled wrong. :alcoholic:

In the darkness of a three hundred year exodus the Empire needed control and justice to survive. A band of elite peace keepers rose without impetus by the powers that be to create and help foster the stability needed for life in the cold reaches of the Unknown Universe.

The band that rose was Vigilance in name and purpose, greed tarnishes growth, fear breaks progress and all those who would harm without justice in their hearts would kill the very seed that the Empire has promised. Vigilance was our birthright and Vigilance is now our goal.

Force without Justice is Tyranny, Justice without Force is impotent.

Edited by Syban

In the darkness of a three hundred year exodus the Empire needed control and justice to survive. A band of elite peace keepers rose without impetus by the powers that be to create and help foster the stability needed for life in the cold reaches of the Unknown Universe.

The band that rose was Vigilance in name and purpose, greed tarnishes growth, fear breaks progress and all those who would harm without justice in their hearts would kill the very seed that the Empire has promised. Vigilance was our birthright and Vigilance is now our goal.

Force without Justice is Tyranny, Justice without Force is impotent.

Bal, please add to the vigilance main website. thx!