Blizzard confirms MitM attack

Scryll

Just a heads up (and do note you should still use an authenticator, it will make it far harder for someone to steal your account), there is at least one active trojan facilitating Man-in-the-Middle attacks designed to get around an authenticator. Apparently operates from an emcor.dll file it drops on your system.

WoW-Europe

Would an anti virus protection software help keep this off of your system? I don't see where they talk about it in the forums linked. I will see what I can find about that when I get home tonight between dinner helping kids with homework and scrapping ice off my driveway before the raid I'm in.

Would an anti virus protection software help keep this off of your system? I don't see where they talk about it in the forums linked. I will see what I can find about that when I get home tonight between dinner helping kids with homework and scrapping ice off my driveway before the raid I'm in.

Depends on how your AV identifies threats. The software the person who got hacked used didn't pick up on it, it wasn't tagged as a threat in their files yet, and one bit of software that looks for suspicious actions didn't pick up on it either.