Patch 3.0.9

Holyssa

Totally out of the blue, as if it jumped you from behind out of some dark corner, right? I figure I'd post this in case any Crushers ask "zomg, what did teh patch do?!"

http://a.wirebrain.de/wow/ so far has the only patch mirrors, but I'm sure WoWwiki will have em up too in a bit.

Druid

* Ferocious Bite: This ability now only uses up to 30 energy in addition to its base cost.

Hunter

* Kindred Spirits (Beast Mastery): This talent now grants 20% pet damage at max rank.

* Serpent’s Swiftness (Beast Mastery): This talent now grants 20% pet attack speed at max rank.

Pets

* Lava Breath now reduces the target's casting speed by 25%, down from 50%.

* Poison Spit now reduces the target's casting speed by 25%, down from 50%.

Mage

* Arcane Power now increases damage and mana cost by 10%, cooldown reduced to 1 minute. (Note: The spell is actually different in game and increases damage and mana costs by 20% with a 2 minutes cooldown. However it would probably be better to wait until servers are online to confirm that.)

* Arcane Power and Presence of Mind now share a category cooldown. Arcane Power causes a 15 second cooldown. Presence of Mind, once consumed, causes a 1.5 second cooldown.

* Arcane Flows now reduces the cooldown of Presence of Mind, Arcane Power and Invisibility by 15/30%.

* Presence of Mind: The cooldown has been reduced to 2 minutes, (down from 3.)

* Slow (Arcane): now increases cast time by 30%, down from 60%.

Glyphs

* Glyph of Arcane Missiles -- Increases the critical strike damage bonus of Arcane Missiles by 25%. (Old - Increases the range of Arcane Missiles by 5 yards.)

* Glyph of Mana Gem -- Increases the mana recieved from using a mana gem by 40%. (Up from 10%)

* Glyph of Arcane Blast -- Increases the damage from your Arcane Blast buff by 3%. (Down from 5%)

Paladin

* The duration on all Seals has been increased to 30 minutes and can no longer dispelled.

* Divine Plea: The amount healed by your spells is reduced by 50% (up from 20%) but the effect can no longer be dispelled.

* Sanctified Seals: This talent no longer affects dispel resistance, but continues to affect crit chance.

Glyphs

* Glyph of Holy Light -- Your Holy Light grants 10% of its heal amount to up to 5 friendly targets within 8 yards of the initial target. (Down from 20 yards, Tooltip text fix, was already hotfixed to 8 yards in game)

* Glyph of Seal of Righteousness -- Increases the damage done by Seal of Righteousness by 10%. (Old - Reduces the cost of your Judgement spells by 10% while Seal of Righteousness is active.)

Priest

* Inner Fire duration has been increased to 30 minutes and can no longer dispelled.

Rogue

* Hunger for Blood (Assassination): Now increases damage 5% per stack, (up from 3%.)

* Mind Numbing Poison now reduces cast time by 30%, down from 60%.

* Mutilate damage will now do 20% increased damage against poisoned targets, down from 50%.

* Slice and Dice: This ability now increases melee attack speed by 40%, up from 30%.

Shaman

Glyphs

* Glyph of Windfury Weapon -- Increases the chance per swing for Windfury Weapon to trigger by 2%. (Down from 5%)

Warlock

* Curse of Tongues: Now increases the casting time of all spells by 25% (Rank 1) and 30% (Rank 2), down from 50% and 60%.

Dungeons and Raids

The Obsidian Sanctum

Changed the color of the fissure in the Obsidian Sanctum to be more visually distinct.

User Interface

* The “GM wishes to speak with you” alert/button, at the top of the screen, has been changed so that addons do not obscure it.

* A clickable chat message has been added that duplicates the GM alert/button.

* When a GM wishes to speak with you the Help Request minibar button will glow.

* For additional notes on Lua and XML changes please visit the UI & Macros forum .

Bug Fixes

* Fixed an issue where players using nVidia 3D glasses were unable to see spell cooldowns.

* Fixed a software mouse cursor bug that was causing the mouse curser to disappear from view when over certain UI elements.

* Fixed a player movement error in which other players were appearing to move erratically when traveling beside them.

Non-dispellable Seals...with half-hour durations...someone pinch me. Very nice PvE mana saver, although I'll probably wind up refreshing them every few seconds anyways out of habit >.<

And WTF @ the Curse of Tongues/spell slowing nerfs.

Hunter

* Kindred Spirits (Beast Mastery): This talent now grants 20% pet damage at max rank.

* Serpent’s Swiftness (Beast Mastery): This talent now grants 20% pet attack speed at max rank.

Pets

* Lava Breath now reduces the target's casting speed by 25%, down from 50%.

* Poison Spit now reduces the target's casting speed by 25%, down from 50%.

A well deserved buff to BM hunters... although I agree with holy, WTF spell casting speed nerfs?!?

A well deserved buff to BM hunters... although I agree with holy, WTF spell casting speed nerfs?!?

*COUGH*Arena*COUGH*. A lot of paladin, shaman & priest QQing probably resulted from this, yet I'm surprised it hasn't been done long ago, much like the warrior rage-conservation changes (supposeably) coming in 3.1.

I'm even more surprised they dented Mutilate's damage, although it's hard to tell if it's a loss or gain with SnD and HfB's modifications. I don't know much about Arena numbers these days, but if it has anything to do with rogues in too many top teams, this doesn't come as a surprise. Rather than improve the survival of the other classes, they point the finger at a class that's already on the Endangered Wildlife list next to Warlocks :laugh:

Hm...upon looking at the mage changes, perhaps the

will go the way of the dodo bird? Then again, it's a term I have not heard for some time. It's been ages since I met one face-to-face in PvP. /shrug

Totally out of the blue, as if it jumped you from behind out of some dark corner, right? I figure I'd post this in case any Crushers ask "zomg, what did teh patch do?!"

http://a.wirebrain.de/wow/ so far has the only patch mirrors, but I'm sure WoWwiki will have em up too in a bit.

* Mutilate damage will now do 20% increased damage against poisoned targets, down from 50%.

::cough, choke, wheeze::

They're doing WHAT? ::clutches at his heart::

I'm even more surprised they dented Mutilate's damage, although it's hard to tell if it's a loss or gain with SnD and HfB's modifications.

It's a gain, but only if you actually take HfB and maintain it perfectly. Many Mutilate rogues don't spec HfB because it's so intensely frustrating a buff to manage in a build which is already quite energy-starved. Which is why Blizzard said they were going to be changing it in 3.1 to not be a stackable buff and require a bleed *i.e. rupture* already be on the target, a finisher for which rogues often don't have the combo points and energy to spare in Arena.

Hunger for Blood drives me nuts. Blizzard had a wonderful implementation when they first presented it in Beta. And every change since then has taken it in the wrong direction. It shouldn't have ever been a damage buff. They should have kept it in it's original incarnation as a bleed remover and reduced the damage buff it provided *akin to the warrior talent providing healing when hit while stunned* if it proved to be too much. Mutilate is completely screwed over for escape tools or ways to mitigate/avoid what other classes are doing to it, a tool like that would have been useful. It just wouldn't have satisfied all the die-hard raiding rogues whining that Blizzard devotes any space in their talent trees to PvP.

With the SnD change, come 3.1 combat rogues will also basically always be running around with 50% haste, BEFORE any haste rating is applied. Just from SnD and the expected change to Lightning Reflexes which Blizzard has been promising they'd implementing "any time now" since mid-Beta. Does that strike anyone else as way too high? Suggestive that Blizzard doesn't know what to do with rogues?

Edited by Scryll