Another recipe

Qiris

Pulled Pork Tacos (based on a recipe from Real Simple)

1 32-oz jar of salsa

2 T chili powder

2 T dried oregano leaves

2 T unsweetened cocoa powder

2 1/2 pounds boneless pork butt (I used boneless pork chops, and only about a pound)

2 cans refried beans (NOT the original recipe but what I did tonight)

Throw everything except the beans into the crock pot (doesn't come close to filling a 4-quart pot FYI) and cook on low for about 7 hours (4-5 if you do it on high). Take the pork out and shred it. Add it back to the pot, stir in the beans and serve either on corn tortillas or else with corn chips. YUMMY, and Tainish could actually taste it tonight with his bad cold.

I dunno, having not had mole. But it was pretty good. I added the beans because I wanted to extend the number of servings and because we like refried beans. Well they aren't really refried, they are fat free but yummy nevertheless.

Qiris, if you guys go out to a Mexican restaurant try the Chicken Mole. It's in a sauce that hints of chocolate and of peanut butter (but I believe it's actually sesame). They aren't the the main flavor, but it is definitely discernible in the "background." DEEEEEELICIOUS.

I thought it sounded weird when I first saw it, which meant I had to try it. Of course, it is not sweet - but it is oh so good.

My Brownies

These brownies are more cake-like, and I never ice them, although I suppose you could ruin them er do that if you wanted to.

1 stick butter

2 squares unsweetened chocolate

2 eggs

1 C sugar

1 t vanilla

3/4 C flour

1/2 t baking powder

1/2 C nuts (optional)

Heat oven to 350F. On very low heat, melt butter and chocolate in a 2 quart sauce pan. Stir constantly until melted, and remove from heat. Stir in eggs, sugar and vanilla. Next stir in the remaining ingredients. Pour in a greased 8x8x2 inch pan and bake for about 30 to 35 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.

These brownies are more cake-like, and I never ice them, although I suppose you could ruin them er do that if you wanted to.

Oh no, cake-like brownies? How could you?! It's not right to make brownies like cake. Cake should be like cake. Brownies should be like brownies. Will you never learn?!

Seriously though, I may give these a try since you are always going on about them in OOC. :)