Event Ideas!

Katherine Elle

Okay Everyone! We've got several internal events going on, but we need to think up events that we can invite more people to throughout the shard! There's going to be lots of difficulty in getting the interest out, but i think we can make it worth peoples while.

My first idea is that we have a peerless night open to the public. We can gather the keys to a few of them (one group can gather for the interred grizzle, one for Dreadhorn, one for Melisande, and one for Travesty) Then invite people to come out and hunt them with us. This will help get awareness out about us (we will have to make a good impression by acting like guardians though ^_^) and it will foster goodwill in the community!

A second idea would be to offer a mining trip for people who are mainly crafters and guide them through dungeons, protecting them from the monsters so that they can have a fun time at a hunt and still get what they need. This is definitely an idea we should run through UO.com as a lot of crafters would be interested in it.

So what's everyone elses ideas?

Yes yes this is good. Katherine you are fabulous~

The mining excursion would be especially helpful for people in the general community. Also, if some turned out to be in need of fire beetles, chances are we could take care of that problem as well. Personally, I never charge people for them anyway, and they respawn immediately.

Also, maybe our crafters could offer free repairs and such for a little while some evening for people who need them. Perhaps enhancements too? This could be good for people who would otherwise have no way to do these things. Our non-crafters could assist in gathering the necessary supplies in advance, maybe some gargoyle pickaxes as well.

In addition, I'd like to round up some help gathering money for prizes so we can get jousting and Bard's Night up and running again. The jousts especially catch the attention of a lot of people because it's so determined by chance, and I think they like that. Maybe sometime this weekend we can do a hunt (providing my lag isn't as horrendous as usual) and get some of that out of the way.

I will be thinking of some more things over the next few days.

guys

Guys

GUYS.

GIVE US YOUR IDEAS we hunger for them~ *grabbyhands*

Edited by Piper

Kat's ideeas seems very attractive to me, we should definetly try them !!!

I have just two ideeas, i don't think they are so good (my previous ideea with boat contest around New Haven Island wasn't so good either), but maybe after some testing we can get something nice of them:

- A lumberjacking contest: chop the wood from a marked area of forest and each lumberjack will place the lumber in a separate chest. Who gather the most wood from the marked area will win.

- A crafting contest, this can be done in any discipline. Have crafters make a designated number of items and the one who make the best items, wins (best items can mean with high durability, or exceptional items, or anything else we can decide then)

Of each we can offer simbolic prizes and maybe surprise gifts...

Guest Charlie

Hmmm that protecting the smith/miner seems like a familiar idea... havent we done that before? Yep we have and they were immensly popular in and out of the guild. The protect the (fill in the blank )also works with lockpicks they can build skill while working ogre lordes and more difficult areas.

The other very popular one was the nude hunt otherwise known as the humility hunt, you old guardians should know that,the rules and such.

The other very popular one was the nude hunt otherwise known as the humility hunt, you old guardians should know that,the rules and such.

Yes, we've done that several times as well, and it's another that could be done again if there's interest shown.