Patch?

Kalea

What is this 821MG "WOW-2.4.3-to-3.0.1-TCB-USMX-Update" that my Blizzard Background Downloader is busy downloading?

More than likely it is data from the PTR that is being obtained in advance. Blizzard tends to release this stuff in chunks via the Downloader for easier retrieval over a period of time, and if I recall, a similar download took place during one Tuesday night a few weeks back.

There's a lot of amazing changes coming up: Stormwind Harbor & Tirisfal Zepplin Towers leading to Northrend teasers, much like the portal to Quel'thalas pre-BC) , Inscription previews, talents, and lots of spells.

Although I can't help but act a bit concerned as to what else besides those things makes the update so damned huge...

Oh a somewhat related note: I doubt it will be ready tonight or even this coming Tuesday. Talent trees are a god awful mess, and Blizzard has a lot of catching up to do. Speculation has been pointing at October 14th, the end of Season 4.

Edited by Holyssa

The size is probably due to a large amount of artwork being included as well. Stormwind Harbour, for instance, has a significant amount of models that are likely to be in there. Some of the minor artwork tweaks may be coming as well (vial icon changes, all of the inks/pigments and parchment types for inscription, and so forth), along with the alterations to the minimap textures for the new structures.

There *might* be an audio track or two in there also, but I'm not sure if SW Harbour shares the same music as the city proper.