World of Warcraft...

Holyssa

Spotted several threads about this on the WoW general forums.

1222261613599cn1.jpg

1222262074957ub9.jpg

1222261631149rm3.jpg

1222261646120mh5.jpg

1222261663420vf8.jpg

And this site (don't worry, it's safe despite the Chinese domain name) shows the same pics, but with Capcom's name all over the place. Looks pretty legit with the whole Blizzard copyright blurb on the bottom, but if it's fake - someone did their homework (to a degree - a Season 4 mace off of an eel??).

The style reminds me of the ol' Vandal Hearts strategy games, but...Forsaken should not be so happy like that. Unless they are eating people. Then it's cool.

But seriously...WTF is this?

• 2 weeks later...

You'd be amazed at how many things like this either hit the Asian market or are at least faked/publicised to them to check interest (or to get laughs, in the case of fakes). If it is real, though, it's likely an interesting spin-off product to a market that eats stuff like this up. The Asian marketplace for video games and gadgets is HUGE, even across the various countries...not just China/Japan. Hell, I just may try to get ahold of this for my PSP should it hit the markets...I prefer oddball games when I'm just sitting around early in the morning or right before sleep time.

Also, Blizzard's service to APAC is awful overall (one of the reasons they get so many perks in-game) aside from certain parts of China, so it wouldn't surprise me if they wanted to toss a product out there that could be played without requiring a good net connection. What makes me laugh, though, is how quickly something like this would be pirated in places like Thailand, which had a 99% piracy rate a few years back. Our joke was that we estimated that only 9 legitimate copies of Windows existed in the entire country at that time, which wasn't entirely far from the truth. Blizzard may turn a chunk of a profit with something like this, but it's fair to say that it won't be nearly as good as the online subscription model in many ways anyway.

The Asian marketplace for video games and gadgets is HUGE, even across the various countries...not just China/Japan. Hell, I just may try to get ahold of this for my PSP should it hit the markets...I prefer oddball games when I'm just sitting around early in the morning or right before sleep time.

Oh I wouldn't doubt it. Hell, when I'm not playing WoW, sometimes it feels good to just nuke something during downtime. <3 Japan's endless army of toys.