SSC Raid Cancelled

Kailand

(here is a copy of what I posted at www.qualityguild.net/forums )

Hi,

I have put a lot of time and thought into this, but I'm sorry to say that I will have to cancel this raid due to the recent lack of signups/cancelled signups/noshows that this raid has seen since the first weeks. I believe that with having to find 5+ replacements each weeks we cannot progress in the content let alone learn it. Additionally it is unfair to the people who have signed up and showed up to have to spend hard earned gold/time for repairs, reagents, and other consummables. Raiding, in or out of a 'hardcore raiding' guild requires consistency and team work, and of course without that progression will be slowed down. In order to have consistency, people need to commit to the raid, as well communicate thier ability to show up/not show up for a particular night. This is what the sign up sheets are for, and I applaud the people who have continued to sign up and even those that signed up as N/A due to real life situations, it makes the raid better as a whole. A raid leaders job should be recruitment, planning, and organisation, and a raiders job should be commitment and communicating their intentions to the raid leader or assigned lieutenant. It should NOT be the raid leaders responsibility to pester people to sign up, or to check to make sure people that haven't signed up go and sign up - that is the raider's responsibility. The raid leader should be responsible for ensuring that lines of communication are open, and in hindsight I could have done better. I believe that kierthan and I recruited a great core of skilled players from our personal contacts, and could have progressed well if the group had stayed static. Perhaps we should have used a wider recruitment net, and I'll have to shoulder some of the blame for that. As for organisation and planning, it was starting to come together (our newbness in raid organising showed for the first two weeks, and I'd like to apolagise for that).

I was quite happy with what we did with our 3 weeks in SSC, and with consistency I'm sure we would have had lurker on farm soon, and perhaps Hydross too. As for those who were unhappy at the rate of progression, most groups going to SSC go at least twice a week for 4-5 hours a time. we were doing 3 hours per session once a week, and progressing quite rapidly. For 9 hours in there I say we were at the same progression point as a group who is in there more often, and congratulations to you all, you deserve it. I had a quite a few people ask me if we could go 2 nights a week. I know most of our schedules were packed with Karazhan/Z-A/Real-Life, and I believe that one night a week should have been sufficient to eventually get 3 bosses down, after which I would have considered starting a second night. Additionally, in my opinion, spending more time wiping on a boss doesn't necessarily lead to getting the boss down quicker, as people will eventually just get burned out and frustrated.

In the new year I will attempt to start a new SSC raid based around what I learned from this one, and if all you raiders are still interested, available, and can commit consistently, then I will encourage you to signup. All the raid points of course will be reset to encourage other recruits to join. When I get the mats stored from kierthan, I will distribute the unused mats back to the appropriate person who donated them (let me know if it does or doesn't matter if you receive them back, as some of them have been used to make the resist gear). I would like to thank the people who donated the materials, as well as the time required to get them.

I would also like any critism (constructive if possible), as well as comments from the members of the raid as to what you liked/disliked about this raid, as well as if you would like to participate in the new one I may start in January (probably around the 3rd week).

Yours truly

Kailand

Oh my appologies. I recall you talking about that on Monday, before ZA. I saw that post here and figured you had maybe started a brand new one. However Its uderstandable to cancel it. The one you start in January, though I possibly would be intrested in it. Just give a heads up of course of when it starts to sign up. :)