Hell Gate London (off topic)

Crikrunner

From what I've been hearing, pretty much everyone got into the beta for this...and subsequently trashed the game in forums :lostit: There's a single-player "demo" out, but I haven't tried it. It sounded promising when they talked about it conceptually awhile ago, but over time seems to have gone off into the weeds of "that sounds cool, let's try doing that too".

For some clever fun, though, I highly recommend picking up the Orange Box, if for no other reason than to get Portal. Awesome concept, simple but fun, and the song at the end is just priceless (funny and catchy...can't stop humming it). As with all Half-Life 2 games, I'm sure there will be a multitude of player-generated maps and puzzles out for it, so I recommend getting the PC version instead of the 360 or PS3 versions.

As an interesting side note Jonathan Coulton did write the end song for portals

http://www.jonathancoulton.com/2007/10/15/portal-the-skinny/

(portals end credits spoiler)

You may remember him from classics like "Code Monkey"

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-4646110705219108384

"Eat Your Brains"

Edited by Ghules

Don't let him fool you....Ghules *IS* the Internet, not a person :lostit:

And yep, I didn't realise that he had written the song until after I heard it (and laughed) while the credits ran at the end of playing Portal. It's a short game, about 3hrs start to finish, but can be quite tough on the advanced maps and challenges. I actually try to play it every other day or so just to see what kind of goofy things I can do and try to beat their list of accomplishments. Still haven't quite mastered the art of knocking the cameras off of the shiny walls by deflecting the balls of energy...stuck on that one.