Discoveries Disabled Temporarily

Baracko

Quote from a blue post written by Tseric on the General Boards:

We have been working on the resolution of a serious exploit in game which has led to certain consequences that we wanted everyone to be aware of. A hot fix has been recently applied to the alchemy profession, with regards to discoveries. For the time being, we have disabled all chance of a discovery, until we can implement the proper fix through a patch , as we can not resolve this matter solely with hot fixes. We apologize for the necessary but temporary removal of discoveries, and are working to have them re-implemented with an upcoming content patch.

So if you have been working towards discoveries, I would suggest only making the pots you need right now.

- Bar

Fair enough . . . good thing I don't have Sildaka's alchemy up that far . . . I'd be kinda pissed. For those of you that do, my condolences.

I'm surprised it took them this long to find out about the exploit (it was in the forums more than once and discussed on several other boards as well). Without going into detail, the exploiting alchemists could get discoveries for no materials cost whatsoever. I'm sure it was initially found by accident...even so, I'm glad to see exploits getting some recognition :devil: I just hope they fix the problem and re-enable them soon!

I know the details, but would rather not post anything about it until after a fix is in place and it's confirmed to work as intended. Personally, I'm not sure I'd consider this an exploit as much as it's a goof on Blizzard's part and shouldn't be too difficult to fix. Let's hope they can get that worked out and re-enable discoveries soon :dancing_smile: