The Destruction of Galehaven

kodoz

It seemed the last warning had gone unheeded. It was time to deal with these so called Guardians in a way so vicious that none could ignore it. To strike directly at their heart, where they felt the most safe. Oh, this would be fun.

It was easy enough to infiltrate the tavern. Though the walls were made of Trinsic Sandstone, they wouldn’t hold up to the force of the explosion. What had possibly possessed anyone to gather that much blackrock and store it, was beyond it’s ability to comprehend. Of course, it would make the perfect catalyst for what was sure to be a devastating blow to the morale of these guardians, who seemed to think all was well after dealing with the drow, Renor’Orbb. The orders were simple. Gather all the blackrock that he could find in the place, and set it off. Oh, what a beautiful explosion this was going to make. A small maniacal laugh was let loose, before he caught himself. Ah, but it would be too bad if those below were warned enough to get away. It was time to set things in motion…

Bill had gotten to the tavern about as soon as Daniel’le had. He kept in touch with her and always made sure he was around when she opened it. After she opened the door he put his hand on the handle as he walked in, and hung his shield on the wall and put his spell book on the table. He looked at it for a minute, by which time Daniel’le had brought him his bottle of ale. He opened it and stared at it for a moment, before drinking the whole thing at once. He smiled to her as she bounced around in her usual manner. She was always fun to be around, so completely carefree and happy. He couldn’t help but grin a bit through his beard at her antics, and he turned and studied the fellow who walked in before recognizing it as Thom. He gave Thom a nod and a broad grin, and invited him to sit down and have a few. Bill had several drinks, and Daniel’le entertained them with her acrobatics, when Bill took a drink and stopped midway. He frowned a bit and looked up towards the ceiling.

“Either o’ yer ‘ear ‘at?”

“Hear what?” Daniel’le responded with a lilt in her voice.

“It sounded like…” Bill started to say when the entire world went white in front of him, and then black.

Bill pushed himself up off the hard sandstone floor, hearing nothing but a loud ringing and feeling sharp pain all over, especially his hands as he realized he was surrounded by shattered glass from the bottles. His vision was blurry and he had no idea where his hat had gone, as he felt sand blowing with the wind into the tavern. He could smell the burning wood all around him and he wiped his eyes with his forearms, blood from some other wound coming from his face as his vision cleared some.

“Lass! LASS! WHERE ARE YER?” he cried out, trying to locate Daniel’le. He pushed around through the wreckage clumsily, until he came upon her. She was on the floor coughing, her clothes torn and slashed from shrapnel. He looked over and saw Thom being dragged out by his companion, obviously injured as he helped Daniel’le up and they evacuated the tavern. It wasn’t until they were outside that he could see how bad the damage was. Daniel’le and Thom were hurt, laying in the sand outside, but it didn’t look like either was going to die. He cast a spell of summon creature to get a pigeon, and he quickly cast a spell to make a message. He then sent it out to Trinsic to get the word spread about what happened…

"It's about time to go" Thom said to himself as he finished packing his bags. He thought back over the last couple weeks and decided maybe a quick drink at Galehaven would be a nice start. He nodded to himself and called Nephrateri over to begin the journey. He arrived at Galehaven just after Daniel'le had opened it, and wasnt surprised to find Bill already enjoying a drink. Bill squinted up at him and invited him over for a few drinks. They sat quitely drinking while Daniel'le entertained them with her acrobatics. Just as he was about to leave Bill looked up and asked "Either o’ yer ‘ear ‘at?” Thom started to shake his head no when a huge explosion shook the tavern apart. He tried to get up off the floor as he realized he was laying in a mess of shattered glass and alcohol from the bar. The last thing he saw was Bill searching for Daniel'le through the wreckage.

Valentino heard about the happenings late as usual. It was a more than a bit frustrating.

With a resigned sigh, he opened one of his runebooks and whispered "Kal Ort Por", and vanished.

Valentino knew he had to be careful near Galehaven, as the area is infested by brigands, and he loaths fighting. Thanks to some magery, valentino cast the "Blade spirit" spell immediately and summoned it inside the brigand camp. That will be enough for those, he smirked.

Then he turned to Galehaven and his face fell. It was destroyed. Valentino wandered aimlessly watching the sandstone walls for some time. Then, he straightened his back and said to himself "It's just a reason to rebuild it. Stronger. Physically, and mentally."

And then, with a few words, he vanished.

GalehavenRuins.jpg

Guest Charlie

I love opening the tavern, its always so fun,I get to entertain people and give them drinks and food. It makes their day go well even if they come in sad. I go from the room that the Emperor allows me to sleep in and go to unlock the door and Bill is always there for me at the door during my open. Those brigands outside are mean and they hurt me because I cant fight.The door unlocks with its small click that is the first thing that gives me the greatest joy because that means the tavern is open. The moment iI open the doors Bill comes in and iI run to the back of the bar grabbing a bottle of ale and look at it happily, this will be Bills first drink from here for today,but not his last and i giggle some.I take it over as fast as I can and he looks to me with a smile so I do some acrobatics for him and he sits there peacefully watching me.

The tavern door opens again and I see Thom walking in, I smile and wave to him. He sits in one of his typical spots and I await his drink order,he doesnt drink often but he waits for Piper who he has been spending lots of time with here. Bill and Thom begin talking and I stand in my usual spot by the bar watching them enjoy themselves and all I can do is smile. The Emperor and Mistress gave me the best job I could have.

Suddenly Bills smile dropped and he looked at the roof so I looked too.

“Either o’ yer ‘ear ‘at?” he said and I just replied ''Hear What?''

I heard him say something else but there was a loud rumble then there was nothing but dust and my bottles began to smash around me. I fell to the floor when the tavern shook hard and lots of rocks and glass went flying everywhere then it all just went.... black...

I heard voices and couldnt make anything out it sounded like mumbles then my world went silent....