Test Server Goodness

Crikrunner

Got all 3 of my 60s copied to the test server. For those that don't know when it goes live pvp rank gets reset. The new system lets you buy all the old gear for honor points and tokens. ie a warlords sword 1h 60dps ish is now 20,000 honor points and 30 arathi basin tokens. You just spend your honor like currency. The arena system is in place and it is a ton of fun, no rewards for it till bc goes live but wow!!! All the dropped spell books from high end dungeons including aq20 are now just trainable at 60 from your trainer. So all the books do now is save you the 4gold. Looks like if everyone pvp's till bc comes out you could get quite a few high warlords pieces. Here is my opinions of the mage/rogue/shaman new 41 talents. Also note your current add ons might not work with next patch. You can't use any of the current ones on test at least ((this may be normal)).

Shaman restoration seems to be my favorite so far, the earth shield is amazing in pvp and pve It gives shamans a instant cast hot / heal buff finally(note the shield don't stack so you have water shield lighting or earth up at a time. Elemental spec didn't seem that much better though i'm not geared for it, plus the added elemental totems might make this better at lvl 68. Dual wielding like wise till i get my hands on dual high warlord dagger/mace/axes dual wielding 40dps weapons doesn't seem worth it but if i had better gear who knows.

Rogue loving the additions to the already strong combat tree. Not noticing much dps increase (no meters work that i've found on the new test server ) Yet to test the other 2 trees.

Mage Water elemental seems fun, but need to play around more with other specs to see what i like.

ok from wha i have seen this is the real lowdown. shammans get frucked over again. mages dont complain, you have some nice new abuilitys that can ###### us over in a heart beat. i got a mage do 5k non crit to me with fire so shush you. DW with shammys is hella sweet. i can really f some things up. but the resto i tryed shocker a? the resto is really good as. well. great but not to dps.

HUNTERS:

i fing hate hunters now with there new arros and shots. they give you +22 dps so were really fed. well i get arcane shotted for 1.5k non crit and 3k crits off of otherthings. so yah your set and really overpowerd.

Warlocks get a new pet in demon side. its really all the pets put into one on this felgaurd. but the strenth for the warlocks would be the affliction tree. if you do that you will be unstopable forever. there wors than hunters now i hate u all.

PALLYS I ###### HATE YOU BLIZZARD!!!!

pally in retubution are like shammans in dps but wors because they have a stun. its like you watching the new airbus airline come at you on a highway and you cant move becuse it stuns you in the look and just hits you and your dead! with teh stun that pallys get your fed because they get me to 10% healt when i come out of the stun and then they do there smight and im dead.

druids got great heals with there new fourm. thats all i have seen.

rogues seem the same but some differences.

Mages. there fire spect area got buffed to hell and same with the frost side. alot of the mages tht i have talked to are happy with the changes.

priests dont really know yet.

warriors got some good stuns with them that make em harder to kill.

SHAMMYS

ok heres what i have to say i want a ###### stun with the shammys. called worralwind that is simmilar to pallys HoJ. we are the only class that dont get a CC or a stun really. the DW with shammys is great but needs work. well the whole enhancement tree. i did get 3rd in MC on DPS but thats besides the point.

reso shammys are almost unbeatable with the earthen shield on. and insta heals. the elimenata is what crick said nothen really that great of a change. we are well rounded but we enhancement needs some more changes i think. elimental needs em too. but over all i like whats happening

we are the only class that dont get a CC or a stun really.

Thought there was frostshock and earthbind totem? I think druids, paladins and shammy's need to realize that they're not to excell in any one thing, rather, do very well in three things. Hence the term "hybrid" classes...

and *waves* hi hi all hope you had a happy thanksgiving and are doing well. ;)

Having played some more...

Arena combat is alot of fun when people are equally geared, been getting one shoted by hunters 3k arcane shot crit killsall the fun. There are two arenas one is mostly open with 4 pillars to loose line of sight around, the other has a "jungle gym" in the middle with steps to get on top of it on either side, rangers seem to run up and wreak havoc on melee from on top

shaman

resto is amazing if your enemy cant debuff your earth shield basically adds 4000 hps to each person you cast it on. and give them 30percent chance to not get interupted while casting granted it wont save you vs being 1 shoted , but vs a rogue solo you win period the extra healing negate their dmg. plus having this for solo pve i dont get hurt i simply cast this buff, turn on auto attack and come back, the heal negates the dmg from soloing a green/yellow mob so you can grind way more efficiently...raiding this is what will keep groups inviting a shaman or two instead of taking pallies

enhance dual wield is great pvp , sorta good pve you still have down time just like using a 2hander, yes you do great dmg but lacking a shield pve is kill 4-5, drink repeat . 31 point storm strike got a huge buff, its cheaper to use, faster and swing both weapons at once dual wielding. alot of fun. shaman can now do lots of dmg still less than a rogue/lock/mage/hunter but definatly getting closer. however with only air totem to reduce aggro i see this as a bad raid spec, more of a pvp one imho

elemental needs much work the 41 talent is moonkin for your group, but the tree needs more power imho

Mage all 3 trees are amazing:

water elemental shoots frost bolts for 300-400 and has a aoe frost shock that is ranged target able with a huge aoe circle (bigger or equal to blizzard) pretty fun and powerful, its 45 sec summon on a 3 min timer

fire breath is an aoe cone for 500 dmg at 60, but it also disorrients for 3 seconds this is very devisating in 1 vs many fights as a mage or just "stunning" people on mounts to single them from the pack

arcane slow is amazing in pvp. whom ever you cast it on is dead, lets you catch people on epic mounts. debuffs whom ever you do catch that you can solo them no problem. no so sure it would be useful raiding, but pve solo be very very nice.

rogue

didn't do the dagger build dont own any on ghosa to give it a fair review

the new hemo build is amazing you just gain a once every 2 mins resist 90 percent of all spells remove all current effect ability. this makes all rogues as evil as dwarven ones. plus the extra points let me do some amazing pvp/pve feets (put all my point in the tree just 5 for crit in other tree)

Edited by Crikrunner