BWL Class Lead Changes

Waldonnis

To help with my goal of keeping Clan Elders out of class lead slots (for various reasons, but mostly for their sanity and to give me extra input), I've made some changes to the class lead positions and have assigned some alternates as well. I modified the stickied post, but will repost them below as well :D

Raid leader: Verissi

Assistant raid leader/Grand overseer: Maube

Class leads:

Mage: Ghules (alternate: Maube)

Rogue: Scryll (alternate: Roh)

Hunter: Khanak (alternate: Mogbertha)

Warlock: Chemmy (alternate: Vrugz)

Priest: Molox (alternate: Kytae)

Warrior: Relikk (alternate: not assigned yet)

Druid: Oriahtundra (alternate: Amahli)

Shaman: Baracko (alternate: not assigned yet)

To restate the role of a class lead and alternate, these are the people to talk to for assignments and class-specific info within/about the raid. I rely on their input for role selection, so if you have certain strengths or experience that would benefit the raid, please speak to them so they can make more informed decisions about assignments. Even talent specs can be very useful (piercing howl, improved MotW, inproved healthstone, etc) can be VERY helpful to know for them. Also, for buffing and/or healing classes, talk to your class leads or alternates to get buffing/healing assignments.

For healers, in the past we've used a generic healing assignment system...while it's worked fairly well in keeping people alive, I'll be working with a few of the healers on establishing healing rotations. While a bit painful to learn, it's a must in the long run and definitely needed for some of the fights that we'll be facing in the future (there's a boss in Naxx that only permits a healer to cast one heal per minute, for instance...and Nef is just a painfully long fight). Ultimately, we should be able to cut our innervate use by a ton and also clear up some of the "ten people have healed you simultaneously for a total of 8k" that I've seen. Also, druids will be assigned to rotations to provide innervates (which should also be pretty predictably given) so we don't have any double innervates due to confusion.

If you're interested in learning and practicing healing rotations, I'll be making Hoofie available this week (as a punching bag) to provide a healing target as I maul my way through some elites in Tyr's Hand and possibly in Winterspring (warning: Hoofie does crap for damage, so expect some looooong fights and alot of healing). Bring gear that you don't mind getting banged up a bit in case I die ;) So far, I've been talking with Kytae, Baracko, and Amahli about practice sessions, so if you want to know the basics, they should be able to introduce the concept.

Lastly, I know it's frustrating to not make the raid at times and I want to assure everyone that my approvals are far from arbitrary. Ultimately, class balance is very touchy at times given our early progress so far and I'm still trying to find the right combination to get over the proverbial hump. This may mean that I need more shaman or hunters one week...and more warlocks or mages the next. Don't take it personally PLEASE...everyone will get a shot in there as time goes on. Also, I know we had some issues with doing Onyxia first (with confusion over whether or not to stay grouped), so I've decided to move Ony to after BWL to save the 30mins+ delay before first pull and to eliminate the confusion (both mine and others').

Oh, one more thing...if we wipe, PLEASE start running back as soon as you can so we can get rebuffed and started again quickly. I want to pack as many attempts as possible into a single night since we are definitely getting more aclimated to the Razorgore fight with every attempt (kiting was MUCH better this past week and the corners were starting to tighten up considerably). If everyone returns to the instance quickly and we can get the buffs up again quickly, we can jump right back into it rather than waiting around for 10-20mins.

Great work so far and I'm so proud of our progress so far :yub:

Edited by Waldonnis

*salute* I'll do mah best.

If you're interested in learning and practicing healing rotations, I'll be making Hoofie available this week (as a punching bag) to provide a healing target as I maul my way through some elites in Tyr's Hand and possibly in Winterspring

..Waaait a minute. Is this just an excuse so's we can help you farm? :yub: Hee. Naw, but seriously, I hope I can make it some time this week. I know I'll be at my parents from Wednesday night until probably about Sunday, so I'll be terribly scarce. God, haven't seen my siblings in many months.

Again, a great honor to be chosen as an alternate, and I'm sure all the druids would agree that we're kickin butt against Razorgore so far ;)

No worries about being gone for most of the week...I think most will be with family or have plans, so we'll just do with whom we have and work in some time on Tuesday (if possible) to practice before MC. If at all possible, I'd at least like to try putting rotations in place for boss fights like Mags, Golemagg, and Garr (longer fights that are generally straightforward, but require some innervates at times).

I didn't mention it before, but I'd love to have some shaman participate as well. The more that are comfy with rotations, the better off we'll be when we really need them. My primary concern are priests and resto druids, due to the complimentary healing models (and innervate), but no healers will be turned away ;)

As for the alternate spot, you earned it, Amahli. I was in your corner group last week for two attempts and you were doing exactly what I wanted to see in the corner groups: placement suggestions, assignments, and were keeping me up to date between attempts with what you were seeing going on in that corner (and with the other druids). Chemmy has also been doing the same and taken over as "corner tank" due to his rapid targetting and helpful suggestions. In all, I appreciate those who step up to the plate and take command of the situation, be that a corner group, a class, or an entire raid. If nothing else, it helps me immensely to know that I have such good people in the raid (some of those choices weren't easy!)...like I said before, I may come off gruff at times, but I adore our raid group and know we'll overcome the challenges :D

Oh, by the way, I never thought of using healing rotation practice to farm, but now that you bring it up...hehehe :yub:

For innervate rotations(or to avoid Double innervates period) there are a few mods on Curse, If i remember correctly the one Ionas point out to me Druid Func also prevents this and gives class restriction so no using it on non mana users or Mana Tide Totems ;p.

Granted I havent sat down long enough to figure the ins and outs of the UI since i have not been raiding much. But i believe it worth looking into. Though with upcoming BC alot of mods may be dead but any advantage for now will be great(Course in BC HOts will stack and we wipin the floor with AQ40 and Naxx)

I've used an add-on like that before and it really helped. I doubt double-innervates will be much of a problem once we get rotations set up (since there will be specific druids assigned from the start to specific people rather than "someone innervate xyz"), but I think we've all targetted the wrong person at times. Myself, I'm notorious for innervating hunter pets :paladin: