Trolling the boards

Crikrunner

Found this sorry if it's a repost here.

http://www.nihilum.co.uk/forum/attachment....mp;d=1160913015

Also notice on how the sets are socketed for further fine tuning adding of what YOU want neeto!!!

Yay choice of 2 sets for all hybrids, too bad there isn't a third for your other tree or multi sets for the non hybrids.

Edited by Crikrunner

Wow. Looks like they really are taking spirit out of the game. All the stats on caster gear is stamina and intellect, ungodly amounts of each I'll grant you, but, no spirit and no mp5 either. Any idea what that "resilience" is all about?

Yeah, Stam seems to be the flav of the month in regards to the expansion.

Hell... shaman tier 3 is Stam and Intellect.... I think they're making us more polar as the level and gear goes up.

Wow. Looks like they really are taking spirit out of the game. All the stats on caster gear is stamina and intellect, ungodly amounts of each I'll grant you, but, no spirit and no mp5 either. Any idea what that "resilience" is all about?

Again remember that's pvp gear, and even the current pvp gear is light on SPI and mp/5 compared to your dungeon sets.

Definitely seems to be a trend in moving away from spirit in general though. Most notable in the tier3 sets from Nax for casters.

From a blue post in the forums regarding the new "stats" on items in the expansion.

Combat Ratings conversions at level 70 (rounded to 1 decimal point):

Weapon Skill Rating: 3.9 rating grants 1 skill point

Defense Rating: 2.4 rating grants 1 defense skill.

Dodge Rating: 18.9 rating grants 1% dodge

Parry Rating: 31.5 rating grants 1% parry

Block Rating: 7.9 rating grants 1% block chance

Hit Rating: 15.8 rating grants 1% hit chance

Spell Hit Rating: 12.6 rating grants 1% spell hit chance

Critical Strike Rating: 22.1 rating grants 1% critical strike chance

Spell Critical Strike Rating: 22.1 rating grants 1% spell critical strike chance

Haste Rating: 15.8 rating grants 1% haste

Spell Haste Rating: 15.8 rating grants 1% spell haste

Resilience Rating: 39.4 rating grants 1% less chance of being struck

by any type of critical strike, and 2% less damage taken from critical

strikes

--Ghules

Edited by Ghules

Note the names of the stuff...

This is likely PvP gear from the Arena stuff, which is and always has favoured stamina and intellect (for classes with mana, that is) because it just makes sense to do so. :dancing_smile:

No idea about the resilience or critical rating thing, though...more stuff to learn, I suppose.

As for the Naxx gear, it seems that mp/5 makes more of an appearance as the tier set numbers go up, which makes sense given the limitations of spirit's effects (5-second rule, most notably, as well as differing ratios per class). Looks like they want to simplify some of the code behind the classes themselves and provide more predictable regen for players.

Edited by Waldonnis

I'd also say those are either far from final or a "low rank" version, that or blizz is nerfing the pvp sets because they'll be *MUCH* easier to obtain (IE pvp for a couple of weeks, spend your points and buy your gear, and you've got a full set vs the present warlord grind with an organized team)

It's only 5 pieces vs tier1's 8 piece or the current 6 piece pvp set. So it leaves some room for tweaking with additional gear. The socketing will be what really makes or breaks it I think.

Here's some comparisons between current Tier1 and Warlord sets and the Level 70 pvp sets.

((I didn't include tier2, tier3 or the AQ set in the numbers here.))

Tier 1 Mage set Arcanist (8 piece set)

160 int

109 sta

72 spi

11 mp5

584 armor

+128 dmg

+2% crit

Current Mage warlord/pvp set (6 piece set)

95 int

148 sta

38 spi

858 armor

+169 dmg

+3% crit

Mage lvl 70 pvp set (5 piece set)

216 sta

61 int

134 dmg

613 armor

spell crit 77 or roughly +3.5% crit

Resilience 110 or roughly -2.8% less crits against you and -5.6% damage from crits that actually hit

Tier 1 Priest set Transcendence (8 piece set)

170 int

113 sta

117 spi

18 mp5

584 armor

+134 dmg/healing

+30 healing

Current Priest warlord/pvp set (6 piece set)

128 int

154 sta

0 spi

12 mp5

898 armor

+169 dmg/healing

Priest lvl 70 pvp set (5 piece set)

228 sta

100 int

128 dmg/heal

613 armor

121 Resilience or -3.1% less crits against you and 6.2% less damage from crits that hit you

--Ghules