MC last night!

Maube

Warlocks: With the exception of the MT/OT, why not have your Voidwalker out to Sacrifice for when you Lifetap that low until you have a chance to heal yourself? Why burn all of your mana so that you have to burn all of your health to get it back? Lifetap has no cooldown, so start tapping at 50% so that you have 50% health left. Maube says it all the time: If you are not the Main Tank or Off-tank, do not expect a heal.

That's one idea. I was about to do something similar until you and about four other people told me to get my imp out since I was in the tank group.

So yeah, each of the tanks got about 400 extra hp while they were in range of the imp (which was only about half the time). Meanwhile I gave up about 5000 mana because I couldn't soul link with the voidwalker. I can do a lot of damage with 5000 mana.

I'm not bringing this up to say I'm right. It's easy to see what was needed AFTER the fight is over. I'm bringing this up to say we need to calm down. This time our problem was not enough dps at the end of the fight. Next time it could be that we lost our key tanks before the end of the fight...or not enough healing...or not enough crowd control...or...or...or. I hate to see us freaking out and trying to chase down that elusive 5% when we could be focusing on the basics...like FR among other things.

Mostly I hate to see people micro-managing other classes. It's annoying and it's condescending. CS has a rule about not telling others how to role-play their character, I think we should at least show that much courtesy about how we play the game. Suggestions are one thing, but in the crush to get Rags down, many folks are stepping way, way over the line of suggestion. I see this same thing happening in the AQ20 raid as well.

In short: I follow the rules and requests of my raid leader...i look to my fellow class members for guidance...and beyond that I play the game the way I want to play it.

Well said Tainish =)

I have never played a warlock, warrior, Shaman (past 29) Paladin or Rogue so I cant really say how these classes work!

If I ask you something that is not plausible... then mention it! =) i will try to remember not to snap when someone asks me to do something as a mage if they have never played a mage to 60 =) Sometimes in the heat of the moment it is hard :dancing_smile:

Theories are all well and good... but honestly unless you have first hand experience with the class you cant tell if it is viable or not =) we just have to remember not to be curt when asking for something or telling another it isnt plausible!

Thank you Tainish for pulling it back into Perspective!

And remember - Hindsight is 20/20

=)