New Raid Healing build

Fomor

Well, after careful consideration and some discussion with others, I have decided it is in the best interest of the continued and future success of the Raid group(the one I am currently in, and the ones I hope to be in if I ever get keyed for Ony :p) to have a few priests who are really dedicated to being full on healer/mana batteries. As such, I plan to be one of those few :p I love being a Shadow priest, but I love beating content and getting epic gear more than clompin' people in PvP. That said, this is the build I am going to use. I welcome any comments, criticism or suggestions.

http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=dxRhsVmoZrxt0f0q

In my opinion, this gives me the best healing functionality while allowing for a bigger mana pool, better buffs and cheaper instant cast spells (renew, dispell, shields, buffs etc.) with a greater chance for crit heals, cheaper heals and longer ranged heals.

Whats do lats think?

Fomor

Maube: Absolutely spirit is mucho importante with this build, and Raid buffed I run over 300 spirit, so that is +75(or more) healing.

Jero: Inspiration is nice, but 25% more armor is almost useless when most mobs in end game situations are doing some form of spell/elemental damage. Also, Silent Resolve is virtually useless as it seems to suffer diminishing returns. I have never had a build using it(before this one) and the simple fact is a healer will always pull anything that hasn't been hit yet simply because you are the only one with hate built up... if you heal anyone in a battle, the hate is applied to every mob. Now taking Inner Focus is, to me, essential because it a)let's you buff faster and b)gives you a mana free heal with a 25% chance of criting every 3 minutes. Also, Improved PW:S with the mana reduction of Mental Agility is basically a 1300 point instant heal for a reasonable cost. Now, I never took Spirit of Redemption before, but the ability to cast up to 3 free heals after you die can be critical in a boss or even an overpull situation... assume it is on a boss fight and you are healing the MT, you die but can then cast 3 back to back greater heals, or in a group fight, you die and can cast 3 back to back prayers of healing, can make a huge difference.

Keep the comments coming folks, if you have a skill you swear by that I overlooked, let me know about it.

As a mage I like Power Infusion... however in raiding situations my priest often forgets to cast it :p and once cast it on a Warlock... oh dear lord BAD MOVE ::giggles::

Another reason I like my build?

With my new belt :p I now sport an unbuffed mana of 7140...with Maube casting Arcane Intellect on me I have 7600+

That is a lot of heals.

Inspiration for me is something I like - I have actually had it save my arse. The increased armor (25%) is a huge damage mitigator - and can be the difference between saving someone or not. Elemental, Melee, and Spell damage all share reductions in damage, with some having more benefit from specific class reducers (like FR or NR for example). BUT...just because I like it does not mean you have to.

See, we all have different likes and dislikes about talents. I personally like the direct effect ones... some like the others. All good.

I went with the build I mentioned(except it was 2 points in the holy damage increase, not 2 in the holy damage range increase) I have a ton of mana and faster, cheaper spells...works nice.

In the end, if you do your part to keep the raid alive and are efficient at it, who are we to tell you how to spec? Personally, I can heal almost as well in Enhancement as I could for the week I was resto - bashing things improves my contribution to the raid when I am not on a facedown break, so...

Anyways, go with what you are comfortable with for your respec and adjust from there.

OK, updated my build a little.

http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=dxMusVVoZrxt0cbV

Dropped Spirit of Redemption because I discovered that with lag and reaquiring your target, you are lucky to actually get off more than one heal... not worth it IMHO. Used that point to pick up 5/5 Mental Strength and 2% more mana :dancing_smile:

Also dropped the 1 point in Silent Resolve in favor of Martyrdom, as that clear casting state is very nice in a pinch.