Giving away Faction points, would you?

Fesai Darkwalker

All right here is the deal, I haven't heard it mentioned yet at any of the meetings and I know that Savrem and some of the other Moffs and members are wanting a HQ of some sort.

Anyways there is a command called '/delegate', type it in as '/delegate xxx' which will then allow you to give faction points to other players, the only requirement is to have a 4000 faction point minimum before you are allowed to delegate points and you cannot go past that mark when you give away faction points. So something to think about is to maybe have someone be the designated faction point holder, and anyone who can run missions, run them until they have the minimum mark then try and donate 1000 or so faction points. Before you know it we could easily have enough points together to get a HQ up and running.

Hmm...too many run-on sentences on the above paragraph...

Basically just think about it and anyone feel free to comment on it as you wish. I will also bring the topic up during the meeting on Sunday.

~Fesai Darkwalker

I posted about building a base a short time ago, but didnt get a whole lot of enthusiasm about it. Since nobody else appears to want to do it I'll be saving up for one starting very soon.

A faction base would be nice (I know I have been using the one North of Theed and it's just the thing for gaining fp for me) but it sounds like we are kind of waiting till the 'city expansion' hits.

It seems like it would be best if we keep gathering fp and when we can finalize the ITC city then we can place a faction base around it, instead of making a guess as to how everything would work out in the end and hopeing it all fits.

a faction base will most likely not be able to be inside the city anyway, so the city expansion makes no difference to it. I am saving up now and working toward master smuggler to buy one asap

Understood... but that wasn't my point.

My point was that we seem to be saving all energies to further our needs for our city first. After that leap and everything settles I'm sure we can devote more energies towards acquiring a base for our needs. (As mentioned before I enjoy the 'small' Imperial Player base north of Theed) And if we can devote more time to fp harvesting and defense planning after we have completed the city is all.

Just an explanation on why your previous thread may have met with 'luke warm' reception was all.

I agree with Syban, before we place a HQ we need to get everyone a house in the city first. Also, HQs can be taken over by rebels (I think).. which would not be good for us if it is right next to our city.

Yes, houses first for the city, then faction base.

I am willing to give all of my faction points to whoever is going to have the base.

Anyone that does not have a house, just let me know. Kimpek supplies all small naboo houses for free

faction bases can not be taken over, only destroyed.

How would saving up for a faction base take away from building a city? The average member can do nothing toward building the city except for possibly setting up a couple of extra harvesters to help supply the architects. Harvester maintenance does NOT take so long that it would prevent farming some faction points. The only way saving up for a base will take away from working toward a city is if all of our ARCHITECTS decide to spend all of their time farming points.

As for the "saving our energies" thing.... doing nothing at all until the city patch comes in is not saving any kind of energies. Right now NOTHING can be done about building a city other than saving resources and getting a master architect. We already have a master architect or two and saving resources doesnt prevent doing anything else. Sitting on our butts doing nothing until they add cities to the game helps nothing. Building a base directly helps the empire advance in the war.

Archived