Onyxia Post Mortem

Tamsinela

Attempt 1:

Easy through Phase 1

Phase 2, fast but with 1 deep breath that nailed me. Killed a full rage bar with that, too. DPS was strong and this phase seemed to fly by.

Phase 3, transition was shaky. Tanks were ready but Ony wanted to eat some people. Lag delayed my keypresses for stance switching, activation of berserker rage, and generally made fear detection and prevention that much more difficult.

Attempt 2:

Easy through Phase 1

Phase 2, a few more deep breaths. The direction of her deep breath is always predictable if we know where she is positioned in the air.

Phase 3, transition was spot on. She went straight for me, in fact. There was a quick diversion while she decided to snack on someone else, but she then came right back to me. She stayed on me throughout the majority of the fight save for a few fears I could not terminate with berserker rage (30 sec cooldown) or a one-shot recklessness. Belaru, Relikk and myself were able to juggle aggro fairly reliably and, as you saw, we got her down.

... so, woot.

Signed,

The unmighty Alhazad

Edited by Tamsinela

A lesson learned for me. It's not the deep breaths that are killer *though they sure aren't good for the raid* it's the transition to phase 3. I'd thought we were goners after the third deep breath, and was even more unhappy when she breathed AGAIN, but we still managed to take her with a lot less trouble than the first take-down.

Last night ran very well, and I think we're close to being able to take her on our first attempt.

I wish that the server hadn't been as lag ridden as it was, but we did a much better job taking her down than on our first time downing her. :)

Very pleased that we did so well, and look forward to taking her down again in two weeks time.