New Proficiency System

Eisaac

Here is a link to the New Proficiency System.

I have already heard some reactions, most to the downsides of it, especially considering roleplaying. I try and be optimistic. When Star Wars Galaxies had their somewhat recent comprehensive change, I immediately saw the forums of ITC get a heart attack and die (I.T.C. is the S.W.G. guild on T.H.E. >:L ) It was a complete change, unlike what is planned for UO. And, as I said, I try and be optimistic. Of course, additions like those should have restrictions or minuses for balance, and I hope this was well thought of. Furthermore, I also hope that when the battling system changes, it will not encourage people to leave (As most roleplay interaction is not on the battlefield) and not only that... If the battle system will bring more people to UO, some will be probably potential roleplayers. ;)

So, what do you think about it?

And I just remembered:

One of the coming changes is a new targeting system. Hope it is a good one! For one I will stop attacking Kodoz (by mistake!!!), and second, I will stop getting my parrying gains when Charlie attacks me!

Guest Charlie

I DONT MEAN TO ATTACK YOU!! hehehe :)

I think you like it though because you gain...just a hunch.

I hope not to lose any members because of this change,we have all worked to hard to have something like this break us apart. We should see what its about, i dont particularly like the looks of it but the important thing to me is.... you guys... my guild,that i scratched and clawed to bring together. That i took a year of almost constant time on the pc to get it the way it should be.

You guys are my friends and i dont to lose ANYONE!! If it makes it harder to kill a dragon... who cares! We can do it! If it makes other players about arties even more...who cares!! We have the guild and 30 people who all work hard for everyone else in their family :rofl: