Broken / Blocked UI Mods

Chrysalia

Wowwiki is compiling a list of the mods reported to be broken or blocked in 1.10.

For those concerned:

Decursive

Confirmed errors only apply to the Decursive Version using movement key hooks and not the original version

Here is the page with the full list.

http://www.wowwiki.com/Broken_Addons_0.10:...r_and_Reporting

But at this point it does NOT look like we will completely lose decursive. Likely because it does not use SpellStopCasting() which is more what this patch is trying to prevent. The workaround people found to enable using 2 or more spells in one macro.

Edited by Chrysalia

From the looks of things on that list, it appears that only the add-ons that used movement or camera hooks (or SpellStopCasting()) are affected by the API change...and I suspect that the WoWWiki list is hardly complete. I can probably whip up a small vbscript to check for add-ons that may be affected, if anyone's interested...just be aware that it would be a simplistic check for certain function calls and thus would not return a 100% accurate list of add-ons that would be totally broken/blocked.

Is there a better spot for precise lists of API changes than the UI & Macros forum? I find the info there a bit vague when it comes to 1.10 and many of the sources links don't work.

Wowwiki might not be the be all end all, but it will have the heavy hitters of the major mods up there updating and checking. (Cosmos, CT_Mod etc). I could also write code to look at the .lua files for people that used those hooks, but why bother, the mod community will do the footwork for us.

If I find more concise lists, I'll put them here.

I would venture to say that wowinterface will have some good information on the new API methods they are finding on Test as well.

I for one am glad theyre disabling the camera movement hooks , this will force people to learn to play their classes again.

Edited by Chrysalia