Gamnig input needed

Nadjha

(Sorry bout the typo in the subject line, coffee hadn't kicked in yet.)

Hey everyone. I am working on a speculative script (and book) for a new television series. I need your input. What I am looking for are your experiences while playing any role-playing game. Like how wierd your dungeon master always was, your mates quirks and habits or something hilarious that happened to your character while gaming. I will give credits where they are due in the show/book credits. I appreciate all your help and thank you in advance!

Please email the stories to gamergirl@ec.rr.com (include your THE and real name in the first bit of your reply .. thanks again!)

*HUGZ*

Edited by g4m3r_g3rl

Here is a short story: (That NOW I can laugh about...)

I was playing Middle Earth Role Play (MERP, a d100 system). Just started a new character.

As a good Game Master (GM) once said: "First think of your character. Know th character, know his background. Then fit in the numbers."

So, I had a new character. A dual weapon wielder, a ranger. I knew where he came from. I wrote a brief history. I wrote his parents names and his grandparents names.

This character was to meet with the other characters during a fight with bandits. So I saw the fight. I saw the bandits. I attack...

First roll of the dice, 03 - I fumbled. (Roll on fumble table)

I roll fumble, 100 (Worst that can be) - "You break the sword, Roll a C slash critical on yourself"

I roll C slash critical and it turns 90!! - "The sword hits you on the head and you die instantly"

How is that for a character's first swing? what a LOSER!!!!

Can you imagine a fighter rushing into battle, fierce look on his face, lifting his sword and then clomping himself, breaking the sword on his head and dying? :)

Oh, one more thing. Currently I play D&D 3.5 edition. We are 6 in the group. 3 are lawyers.... Believe me NO ONE EVER looked into the D&D rules so closely, only to come up with 4 different conclusions on every sentence in question.... :rofl:

How is that for a character's first swing? what a LOSER!!!!

Can you imagine a fighter rushing into battle, fierce look on his face, lifting his sword and then clomping himself, breaking the sword on his head and dying?  :)

Now that IS funny! My thief character for old D&D used to carry her dagger in her teeth while climbing ropes and trees. My DM got drunk one night and made a new rule to roll whenever she got 3 feet high to see if she fell and perished.

Oh, one more thing. Currently I play D&D 3.5 edition. We are 6 in the group. 3 are lawyers.... Believe me NO ONE EVER looked into the D&D rules so closely, only to come up with 4 different conclusions on every sentence in question....  :rofl:

Ok, that is even funnier since one of the characters I created for the show is an attorney. Mind if I use the idea of always rifling to the rules when things get tough?