SB discussions

Wolf

4 of us were able to get together and chat today.  Following the input we have firmly agreed on the following:

Guild Type: Noble House

Government: Oligarchy

Purpose: To Unite the world under one banner, our banner, in accordance with our code.

Martok and I will work on some creative history from which we will collectively amongst us all, create a guild name that is suitably impressive.

I've been reading through the SB site all day today, and it seems that all guilds that follow the Noble House template take the last name of their leader.  I'm not sure that is what we are aiming for in our name, or our image....perhaps the Noble House isn't exactly the suitable template for us?  

The only other possible solution I could see is that in our history we give the name of our great ancestor that gives his name to our orginization.  For example, if we were all decendants of the great Arthur Pendragon (just using that name for example) we would be the Knights of Pendragon or something similar........if this does not fit us and we want to be known as something completely different, such as Imperium Meridian mayhaps we should consider a different template?

Just my thoughts....

The Crimson Empire are just about all Beta testers for Shadowbane.  They are not taking a last name for their noble house type guild.  They are going as the Crimson Empire.  

I do not mind being different from the norm.   :D

I would love to have a hand in creating the back story; maybe we could discuss it on the forums for a while?

One thing that has yet to be decided and that also ties into the history, is the structure of our operative political system. Our nominal goverment in game terms will definitely have to be an Oligarchy. Will this however, be our actual, functioning form of government, or will it be purely titular; allowing us to create an original system that is only loosely based on the Oligarchy mold?

-Araton

Well, I took our motto and had it translated into Latin.  Turns out to sound very nifty.....very nifty indeed.  Unfortunatly I left the piece of paper I had it written on at work, so tomorrow when I go I'll bring it back and have it posted.  

How's the lore comming fellas?

I just wanted to comment on the semi-new intro to PGoH.org.....very nice.  Perhaps we could tie the three items displaced...the chalice, shield, and sword into our guild lore?

Just an idea......

I will be working heavily on the guild history this weekend.  I will be sending emails to araton and wolf frequently over this weekend.  Don't worry araton, you surely have a place in the making of our lore/history!

We can just do a cut/paste, i like this, i don't like this, with our stories.  Maybe me, araton, and wolf can get into a chat room this weekend so we are on the same page?

Archived