Take over the world?

Araton

I was reading over all the shadowbane site info for the 5th or 6th time the other day and started thinking about the awesome scale this game is going to be on. The first thing I thought of when I first learned about the political nature of this game was how amazingly incredible it would be to take over an entire game world. But no thinking about it realistically, what chance do we really have of conquering the entire world?

Or even a nation? Or a city? I imagine that getting a tree of life will require an enormous amount of playing time to be invested. Will we have what it takes to be one of the first guilds to become landed? I would guess that time will be of the essence in the first days because once all the city states are claimed, it will be orders of magnitude more difficult to gain control of one, since they are so easy to defend.

Just Wondering what everyone thought  :D

-Araton

A saying that we quoted a great deal in UO when it came to the nature of resource gathering:

"It takes 1 pair of hands toiling a hundred times or 100 pairs of hands toiling 1 time"

I think that the key elements to SB is a good group of trustworthy individuals that truly want to benefit the whole (primarily resource wise) as opposed to their individual persons, especially at the outset.

I think if we have that we'll be in great shape venturing into this land. :D

Archived