The Arrival of Shadowbane

Coldren

I'm curious if anyone knows of when Shadowbane is due out? And more importantly, I'm going to post a poll to see who will be playing it once it comes out. If anyone has any information, post it here.

I visited the Shadowbane site.  I can't wait till it comes out.  I will be playing it for sure.   I LOVE the concept of having an entire guild city!!!!

*rubs hands together in anticipation*

this game seems like a cross between old time D&D and Civilization!!!!   I can't wait to play as well...........

but COLDREN is leading!!!    :roll:  i expect to get rolled over then hehe

ShadowBane still says it's to be released in 2001, however it's only in phase 1 beta as I type. I doubt it'll hit the market till 2002, *ducks from all the arrows*. Well they could release it like EA did 3rd dawn and we could all beta test *grins*

Another site to watch about ShadowBane is ShadowBane news site

I've been known to write a wee bit there from time to time in the forums *smiles shyly*

I still don't know if I'll play or not. When I read the message boards I'm very put off by the type of people, but when I read the history they are building I am hooked. Lots of RPing possiblities there.

Quote from Lorraina, posted on

I still don't know if I'll play or not. When I read the message boards I'm very put off by the type of people, but when I read the history they are building I am hooked. Lots of RPing possiblities there.

You'll play :)

You an old timer and surely must recall the beginnings of UO.  I don't think the type of people SB will attract could be any worse than those that used to torment the poor newbies almost 4 years ago.

I would also assume that Shadowbane will have things in place to keep things from getting out of hand, seems most of the MMORPGs have discovered this needs to be done from day 1 or chaos ensues.

It seems like Shadowbane would be more of an EQ killer than UO given the current look and feel of the program....this isnt to say that EAigin shouldnt be concerned though.

UO must be kept alive for their online gaming depts to flourish.  The thought that the game Conspiracy would have the longevity of UO is ludicrous.  Those that would play such a game, I'm quite certain, will quickly tire of the novelty of recieving e-mails, pages and phone messages concerning a game.....Life is too full of that crap to begin with.

EA isn't letting UO die totally but the also have Earth and Beyond coming out. UO isn't there only online baby. A lot of folks looking at Earth and Beyond, it should be the first space online game to hit the market, beating StarWars(whatever the name is) by a few months,  therefore it will do well for a while.

I have no interest in a space game myself.

I'm glad I don't make games for a living! Image the stress.

Quote from Lorraina, posted on

. A lot of folks looking at Earth and Beyond, it should be the first space online game to hit the market, beating StarWars(whatever the name is) by a few months,  therefore it will do well for a while.

Oh yeah, you will definately see me in Star Wars Online. I know not too many Star Wars fans in the guild, but oh well. I've convinced a few of my friends to join me there har.

Could it rival some of the famous rants of BB???  I'm thinking it probably did....perhaps even surpassing them.

I would have to say probably yes, Brightblade... It's not often Balandar edits out a post himself.... But it was rather clever, and didn't even use swearwords...  It really is a shame. I think it was one of my best rants, actually.:D

Archived