UO and EQ going to Shadowbane

Lord Ser Brightblade

Has anyone given any thought as to whether PGoH and SLoT could join forces in Shadowbane to make one large strong guild rather than two smaller ones?  I think now is the time to begin exploring such a notion and lay down the groundwork for leadership.  If push came to shove I'd go PGoH (been a guildmember for 4+ years now) but I'd sure as hell regret not having SLoT buddies in the same guild.  So....lets all figure out what we are gonna do.  I think the combined forces of PGoH and SLoT will be a force to recon with and would probably put our roster at at least 150+ seperate individuals entering the game if everyone who plays both games picks this one up.

That is the plan BB. EQ, UO, DAoC are all part of The Honor Empire. When we move to a new game meetings will be held between all leadership of those games on who should do what in the new game. Like in DAoC any leader from UO or EQ are given the position of Viceroy (like an officer in EQ).

I would love to have some of my new friends in DAoC, old friends of UO, and soon to be friends of EQ all merge together to form our guild in SB......how great will that be?

lets not forget that there will be new people from DAoC to go with us to SB also. I think we can count on having a good 30 people as soon as the game comes out. This will of course grow rapidly because new people will be eager to join an already powerful guild like ours will be. As we learn more about the game in the comming months we should work together to plan strategy and structure for the new guild.

-Araton

Wise advice Araton.

I think collectively we can establish a whole infrastructure, history and organizational goals over the next few months and add them to the website.  Upon release I have no doubt that we'll be raring to go.

We need to be careful about filtering the sb guild... Communication is a big issue and if we appear as some super guild, everybody and thier brother will be running up to join, and all UO Daoc EQ people should have prescedence... not to be snobby and elitest but if we have 500 people in the guild we cant be effective. Organization oraganization...  

Oh and has anyone got any numbers on who's going to play and who's not?

-Pequin (eq junky)

:devil:

- You can't just make up quotes! You have to get 'em from someone famous!

-Robert Catono.

True, existing members should get precedence based on trust and existing relationships.  I think going forward over the next couple months we will get a pretty accurate picture as to whom will migrate from each game

Organization is something we struggled with with the UO part of the guild......at one time we had 200 members on the roster.  Over the past 4 1/2 years we've learned a ton about getting everyone involved and helping people find their niche within the organization.  I can only guess that the officers of SLoT have done the same, as will the officers of DAoC.  When we all put our heads together we should have a pretty good system to run with and of course I'm sure it will be adapted as the guild grows and matures within SB.

Man I can't wait for its release!

:devil:

The more and more I read about this game, the more I realize that it is made for guilds. EQ is a game that is based on adventuring with 6 person groups, guilds are a side note, a collection of friends that enjoy grouping with each other and banding together to defeat uber mobs etc... This game is ALL about guilds. You adventure for the sake of growing more powerful for the greater glory of your guild. It is about nation building, politics, intrigue, and wars on an enormous scale. If anyone hasn't read the guild strategy faq , I highly recommend doing so.

-Araton

Is Guild power going to be based on the number of players in a guild?

Not directly, no - smaller, paramilitary organizations can certainly thrive if they're well trained and very good at the game. When it comes to holding territory, however, it will likely be necessary to recruit heavily. Typically, however, this won't be done by recruiting more members into your guild - it will be done by having new subguilds pledge fealty to you, in exchange for mutual protection and use of the guild's facilities.

From what that says its seems that my Praetorians will finally be able to work as we would have it.  As a paramilitary group.  Striking fast, striking hard and obtaining a goal for the guild.  The risks will be great, the blood will flow and many will not return, but that is the roll of the Praetorian.  I look forward to this indead!!!!

Archived