The story of Thorax

Eisaac

Come, listeners and let me tell you the tale of Thorax the Paladin.

My name is Gimbutz and I have been a servant in the house of Luckstone for over fifty years.

Thorax was born just about 30 years ago, as the firstborn son of Lords Rosie and Bearino Luckstone.

Bearino was a famous paladin, who was already close to retirement from his noble job of helping the helpless and the hopeless who all looked up to him as a defender of the human rights.

With a father and model like Bearino, the boy was raised as a paladin and a fighter from his first day breathing the cool air of Sosaria. The boy was disciplined and learned quickly the ways fighting with swords, and the ways of chivalry.

But as fate would have it, when Thorax was only 12 years of age, Lord Bearino was on the way to a simple mission of negotiation between two merchants at vesper, when he was ambushed by brigands and a lucky crossbow shot from one of the brigands found the seam under the left arm and the arrow pierced a small hole in the heart of the noble Lord. The Lord shrugged the hit and killed the brigands, but the damage was already done. the Lord was dying fast. In his last moments he wrote a letter to his son, bidding him to continue in his way.

Thorax grew under the supervision of his mother, becoming a Paladin Lord. At the age of 20, Thorax left his home for a life of an adventurer and a travelling paladin.

Some time after leaving his home, Thorax met with the Lady Charlie, the Empress of the Purple Guardians of Honor. He was deeply inpressed by the Empress and immediately joined in the cause, becoming a Squire in the dragoon cohort.

Many tales are told about the young Thorax going to help the ones who needed it, taking more than a few young warriors under his wings for short durations and sharing his time and knowledge with them.

There are some stories about Thorax going into the dragon's den, at Destrand, emerging barely alive and with a few baubles for the time. He also fought the vicious monsters who took over half of Britannia for some time.

Some time after the invasion to Britannia has ended, Thorax met with a beautiful yet unknown stranger, which came to his life like a storm and changed his life forever. None know what came over Thorax since the day of that fated meeting but something did stain his soul. For a long time after, he wandered through the roads and dungeons of Sosaria, looking for some unknown answer... Thorax almost left the ways of chivalry and became more distant and barely showed himself in public.

One of the times he did came out, he was seen at Skara Brae, near the moongate. He was seen there with Purist, wife of Anfalas the Magistrate. Whatever passed between the two is, of course, only for the two of them, but Thorax had his answer.

Thorax returned to be seen. Although he fanaticly protects his personal life, he returned to help those who need it and kill evil monsters. It was never as before, some other force seems to be driving him to do these things. Maybe to cleanse himself, maybe to prove something to himself. Some would say there is a spark of evil in his eyes, bringing an unknown tingle of fear to those who see it, making it hard to decline his wishes to help...

A short time after emerging again, Thorax proved himself worthy as a Dragoon Knight for the Purple Guardians of Honor.

Now, a Paladin and a Knight. Thorax continues his crusade for his justice, blostered by the faith put in him by the Lady Charlie and Lord Kodoz, noble Emprors of the Purple Guardians of Honor.

This is all there is to know, since the story is not over yet. May the story of Thorax be continued told for many years from now, may it be longer, fancier, happier and full of hope. Thorax is still young, I am not. I hope my children, and my children's children live to continue telling his tale.

(Some motifs were used from Manowar's lyrics)

Edited by icuburn

• 2 weeks later...

Updated and finished (currently)

Also, know that I use much fewer words than I wanted. :( (not concerning the length, but the richness of the text)

I hope this can be excused since English is not my native language.

Edited by icuburn