Quests of Shadowbane

Martok

I found this on the Shadowbane Stratics website.  The more I hear about Shadowbane, the more I begin to froth at the mouth.  REAL EFFECTS!  I mean, events within the world have real consequences!!  Check this out:

Ashen has posted a new TOTD, this time to discuss quests. Here's a snippet:

Ashen Temper: Many times we have talked about making Shadowbane a living, breathing entity... a game where you not only have rewards but consequences. This philosophy is prevelant in every aspect of our game.

With that said, I'll bring up a scenario pertaining to consequences and I would like some feedback on it.

What if there was a quest that brought the Church of the All-Father head to head against the Temple of the Cleansing Flame. The winner becomes the dominant faith and the loser... dies. All existing members of that Congregation remain but the Religion itself is destroyed and no one can ever again become any of the Classes that Religion preferred. For instance, if the Church was defeated, no one could ever become a Crusader or Prelate again. The existing Crusaders and Prelates could still train... but probably at a higher cost. Eventually, some may delete or not play that character any more and play other characters. Someone new to the game may come up to you and ask what kind of Class you are. You say I am a Crusader and he tells you he's never seen one before.

"That is because I am one of the last survivors."

Archived