What the Israeli army thinks of Roleplayers

Eisaac

What a load of crock.

I second that....

Personally I think some leaders are more detached from reality than a good many gamers I know. But I'm a gamer so I'm probably under the impression I am on a martian planet and little green men come speak to me each and every night where I divulge the secrets of humanity to them.

It's just that people are afraid of things they don't understand and they don't even have the IMAGINATION to see a bit more into the things...

Maybe they should join an imagination development course, called a roleplaying group... :taunt:

No they might actually have something, albiet very flawed, and this is what I mean.

Role-players tend to think outside of the box. To seek alternative methods towards even common goals. In the military individualism is not encouraged. You are given an order and you are expected to follow it without question and without any thought as to the potential for a better plan of execution. The flaw in their thinking here is that just because someone thinks outside of the box it does not preclude them to being a good soldier; executing orders exactly as they were given and without question. There is a line between profesionalism and gameplay and I do not believe that the majority of gamers whether it be those into shooters or RPGs would ever think of acting in an unproffesional manner when their life or that of their countrymen is at stake.

Edited by Lord Ser Brightblade