Guide to victory against Bounty Hunter

Sei Teirson

Here is the original Thread

Table of Contents:

Chapter 1: We are not BH game content, they are our.

Chapter 2: Oh no a BH! *panic state*

Chapter 3: Knowledge is your friend

Chapter 4: Food is your friend

Chapter 5: Terrain is your friend

Chapter 6: Finish the job

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CHAPTER 1: We are not BH game content, they are our's.

If you are full template or not, first rule, stop fearing ecounter with bounty hunter. They only initiate a fight, but it is you, who choose where to fight, stop thinking that they have an advantage as they dont. Be always aware that it is like you are overt all the time, would you go afk when overt in middle of enemy shuttleport?

Turn the tide, you are not the one that is hunted, they are, the hunters have become hunted. The first step into victory is right attitude against bounty hunter. The jedi has indeed advantage against BH, jedi should be always prepared to fight, bounty hunter is prepared only for that few minutes of fight.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Path of Darkness:

Impossible! This ugly worm dares to attack you! He should give up now and prepare to be punished for his actions. He thinks he is a match for you, how foolish. Give yourself to the flame of anger, and direct it at this worthless enity, destroy him, kill him at all costs with extreme prejudice, show no mercy as for you will be shown none. Those who stand in my path will be destroyed.

Path of Light:

I must defend myself against his attacks and try to explain him, that he is doing wrong, and hunting other players is bad. If he wont listen to the words of truth, that it is not the money it counts but life, well do what you must to, try to incapacitate him and spare his life, if he got honor he will quit, if he will keep attacking, well his soul is truly evil, as a jedi, i must defend galaxy against such scums.

after this small morale boost, we can go on, to next chapter of guide.

CHAPTER 2: Oh no a Bounty Hunter!

So what? Are you supposed to go prone on the ground and give up? hell no! You can fight or run, but never panic.

You are suddenly Knocked Down (KD)? Then BH attacks you for sure, calm down, and its time to decide fight or run.

There is nothing wrong in running from a fight. You are still alive so you won, (tips for running away in futher part of guide).

If you choose to fight, you also choose the risk, but reward is high, risk is only a xp loss, but reward is bigger then that. Key is knowledge how to deal against certain templates. (also in futher part of guide).

I assume you are still alive so you can read this, congratulations, you should know whats the reward:

You have defeated a Scum Bag that wanted to kill you!

Man it makes you feel good

CHAPTER 3: Knowledge is your friend

Enough of typing words that can only help your morale, time to boost up your PvP skills:

Step 1: Make yourself anonymous, to do this press CTRL+P and look for checkbox in community menu.

Bounty Hunters often use /who, they why we shouldnt use it aswell in dungeons? if you think you are alone in certain area type /who to make sure. However!

I hardly belive that good bounty hunter would catch on this, he should be anonymous aswell, but its a good habit when grinding at new lair to see if you dont have unexpected guests.

Step 2: Expand your radar to at last 256 meters. Also a good habit is having overlay map CTRL+M in wild areas (hard to use in npc city). Often happens that you have approaching dot, appearing on this overlay map FIRST, then on radar, due to lag/connection problems.

Step 3: /target /examine , use it often and it will save you a lot of heart attacks, think, what a buffed guy would do in middle of nowhere? he got master bounty hunter badge? Dont trust him! Keep an eye on him. He lost his advantage of suprise now.

Step 4: Make a trap for a hunter, use npc to help you.

You got cloak? then cloak and run into some high level (agressive or not type, its your choice) mobs, theres high possiblity he chooses to do area attack on you, bad for this BH he is not a smart one, when mobs agrro him quickly prepare yourself and strike with mobs helping you (watch it, that you dont do same mistake).

You got stasis? then do it as counter-attack first, and take your time, prepare to kill him or run.

Also can reconsider force suppression or wave for low skill ones

And another tactic that i remember to use, if you got cloak, do it and call your bike, bounty hunter will think you want to run away and will just destroy it. Ha! He did it? what a fool, now you got first-strike advantage, he is teffed on you for about 2 minutes if i remember maybe more, good tactic is also to just cloak and wait till his buffs will fade or even give some downage effects, (mosty spice).

Step 5: PSG. Get one asap, you dont really need belt with SEAs that make you better, so if you have to have seas in it make it sure they are expandable ones.

As for PSG my suggestions are:

if you got Defender Force Aura in your template get a PSG with not so big Energy resistance, but with maxed to the sky RECHARGE rate, as aura gives insane miss rates to your opponent, your Personal Shield Generator got enough time to recharge.

if you dont have then get a one with high energy resistance and decent recharge rate, but dont rely on it much, use terrain, roots, stasis to give it time to recharge.

Step 6: Low damage saber? Well i cant help you totally with this, as i am master powers and its not a big deal to me, i would suggest having some CL54 no skill needed weapon, i can do same damge with my light laser rifle, as with saber in same amount of time. However with upcoming changes you might be not able to use any force specials during this, you will rely on sitms, and your PSG.

Step: 7 Macros. Hmm hard to say marcos are useful, but can be reason of your death aswell, many times it happened to me when i used them, that damn macro used a skill when i HAD to heal immediately, and suffered cool down timer followed by incap in next few seconds.

Macros you should have:

force abilities macros (aura,infusion)

knockdown recovery one

deathblow one

any 1 time use combos you like, and they seem to work for example Armor Break followed by Head hit

it seems that macros can be useful, but they have disadvantages

can screw you when something jumped into queue and you didnt want that

having too many macros going on is a bad idea and can cause connection loss or crash or terrible lag.

they often in rage of combat loose right timing in flood of specials spammed, result "why im getting hit so bad? WHAT? where the heck is force infusi...*dead*"

Step 8: Knowing a template of your enemy. Another way to victory, if you know what template your enemy got, its small advantage against him.

For example MBH/MCM?

strength: decent damage and great heals

weakness: Mind, its countdown timer to his failure.

its not total "i win button" for bounty hunter, theres a way to stand and laugh while they are trying to hurt you.

Step 9: You know what to do, do you? Have pvp duels on guild hall roofs or other building where bh cant interrupt your fight, learn your specials on npc, think how could you use it and after which skill, you could maximize potential of this skill.

first of all i will explain HAM bar, all who got jedi should know what HAM bar is, but i will remind

health - it gets degraded by: enemy attacks,debuffs,force channeling

action - it gets degraded by: actions you choose,debuffs,state recovery

mind - it gets degraded by: healing,debuffs,state recovery,special actions

force pool - guess...it degrades when you use force actions! suprised?

certain situations you can observe on your enemy ham:

nnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

nnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

nnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

good for you he is dead, well done, and congratulations.

nnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

nnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

nnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

not bad, you survived bounty hunters phase of spamming specials, its time to attack:

Apply Armor Break

Apply Dizzy/Stunned states, can be done by having ls xxx4 or powers x4xx

Knockdown, can be done by ls xxx4, master box saber throw, or force throw.

Rage against lying opponent, if you are fast enough, you can even incap him.

If he gets up, heal up, apply defenses and wait for another occasion.

nnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

nnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

nnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

Outstanding job, it is matter of seconds to kill him, he cant heal now, bounty hunter is a walking corpse . But watch it he got good action regen and still can bite, dont forget that you must heal aswell.

Just to remind that it works in same way for jedi, if your ham gets like that it is not a good sign.

Step 10: You can take a rest during fight. Remember that theres always a way to get out of trouble when running low on action, you can:

Cloak and /sit to quickly regain HAM

Stasis and do the same.

Root with force suppression, if ranged bh, then hide behind a tree/rock whatever and /sit aswell, that 10-15 seconds are just what you need. hide because to sit you must loose agrro and you can do this if bh cant target you and shoot, if bh is mlee, you got job easy, just get out of range.

Step 11: NEVER underestimate your opponent, i have a simple rule, if its the best pvper or not, i always use biggest gun i got,

"shoot a mouse, with a gun for elephants"

if you got killed, remember that it is YOUR fault, that you got killed, not bounty hunter's, and there are no excuses like lag/afk, your fault, you forgot something, didnt play it right, analyse your fight, ask for rematch with bh, LEARN!

"making a mistake is not a problem, not learining from it IS"

CHAPTER 4: Food is your friend

Here is excellent guide about food:

Clicky

/deepbow

However it has very valuable info, it is hard to read with all those stats.

I will divide Foods by 3 categories: ATTACK, DEFENSE, RUN/PANIC, i will not flood you with detalis about food, stats and other,

but only in short what they do:

ATTACK:

Blob Candy - modifies action regeneration, long lasting, good as a non doc buff.

Crispic - Boost to mlee and ranged accuracy, useful for lightsaber and powers, lasts up to 15 mins.

Kanali Wafers - boost to health value and health regen, long lasting

Caf - boost to health value and mind regan, long lasting

DEFENSE:

Durindfire - Poison Resistance food, lasts about 15 mins, good idea to eat and see how this MBH/MCM does nothing to you.

Trimpian - Fire Resistance food, lasts about 20 mins, another good idea to eat when attacked by MBH/MCM

Ithorian Myst - Drink version of Trimpian.

Spiced Tea - modifies mind regeneration, long lasting, good as a non doc buff.

Vayerbok - enhances block shots ability, lasts up to 15 mins

Aircake - bonus to succesful dodge an attack, lasts about 15 mins

Vegeparsine - big boost to def against mlee, but only useful if you got attacked, by Mlee profession, lasts about 18 mins

Elshandru Pica Thundercloud - big boost to def against ranged, a must for non defender templates, lasts about 18 mins

Jaar - Cure Poison drink good against MBH/MCM

Dustcrepe - Cure Disease food good against MBH/MCM, a tip: suprise your enemy with it, dont use it at a start of fight.

Havla - Disease Resistance food, lasts 15 mins, 1/3 of stomach filling, good against MBH/MCM

RUN/PANIC:

Parwan Nutricake - instant burst run, when out of action and about to dead, so you cant use personal burst run ablity this food comes to you with help

Travel Biscuits - terrain negotiation food

Breath of Heaven - very high filling and can be used in last moment of fight, high boost to all HAM regeneration

Garrmorl - same like breath of heaven

Vagnerian Canape - high filling food, use it when running low on HAM, and you got other foods still lasting, boosts stats regen.

Starshine suprise - incap recovery time reducing drink, can suprise your enemy, if you heal fast enough after got up from incap.

If i can suggest, that if you use spices aswell, try to pick up your personal food, which negates bad effect of a spice.

Also if you eat food, eat the long lasting ones first, and then during discovery of enemy template eat right foods.

FOOD COMBOS (can take everything at once)

Combo against MBH/MCM (will fit into totally empty stomach)

blob candy,

spiced tea,

vayerbok,

aircake,

elshandru pica thundercloud,

crispic,

kanali wafers,

trimpian,

durindfire,

muon gold (spice) - look that blob candy fixes problem with -20% action regen.

and if needed i still got room for, parwan cake to run away, or disease curing dustcrepe.

CHAPTER 5: Terrain is your friend

Yes, my friend indeed it is.

trees - hide behind them, get out of your opponent line of shot

rocks - hide behind them aswell, lure your opponent to come close to you

hills - make traps, hide on other side of hill and wait till opponent walks into your range

houses/harvesters - hide behind them, hide INSIDE them, bounty hunter will have a hard time to run if you fight inside a structure or cave.

water - run into it, far enough from shore, and you will be safe, good place to regen force undisturbed, also if you are on fire, you can put it down, logical isnt it?

CHAPTER 6: Finish the job

You won or you lost, theres one rule, never be rude to your opponent, only result of saying bad things to other person is landing on there ignore list, why not just say "good fight" or just dont say anything? You gain respect that way and it will work for you in future. And there a sligh possiblity this guy wont hunt you ever again.

And nothing ruins a good fight more then a whine after it, so dont laugh if you kill a bounty hunter, you can tell him what errors he did, but yet again, dont be rude!

if you are angry that he killed you and you lost xp, well sith happens, just hold your mouth shut and dont say anything, clone and leave it. However you can ask POLITELY for a rematch in duel and dont flame a person if he says "no"

Archived