Ideas for PGoH and its future

Strider

Hey folks Im back and have some thoughts.

Well, as everyone knows (or should) PGoH is a very very old guild, had our ups and downs, but has for me been a great place.

So Id like to make some comments and suggestions to help out Kodoz, a great friend.

Role Playing: What Ive seen of us rping in the past few days, has been great, keep up the good work.

Try and include yourselves in any rp events throughout the shard, experience it all for yourself, and have fun. :cry:

The Codex and Guild uniforms etc.: I would like to suggest we try and adhere much more closely to the guild uniforms set out in the Codex, to keep the general feel of the guild alive. It has a certain feel to it set down by Borg and others over time, that I feel is great. Just some thoughts on it :)

Recruitment: I would like to put up a recruitment thread on the RP ring forums, so once Kodoz says go for it, Im gonna do this.

Elves: As you may or may not know PGoH actually has our own system for elves, ranks, and beliefs and clothing, and everything. Its a system Ive been mostly following for a long time, and I suggest anyone interested in being an Elf in PGoH take a look at it, you may find you like it ALOT, as it is very thorough. It can be found on the main guild page.

This is extremely important, with the coming of playable elves, I think, to give us a base of our own to work with.

Trinsic: The City of Honour, a city we have used as the place we defend and protect for ages. I think we should all encourage each other and be encouraged to make frequent use of the City, rp in it etc.

Since we do defend it, as set down to us by Lord British himself, perhaps require Leggionaires and Squires to pull guard duty and patrols from time to time, to bring some more life to the place?

With the coming of [serf], they being common people of Trinsic, itll be a fun place to live, work, and play, and we can really give it life by making it more and more our center. It is afterall within view of Olympus, so we can even use the NPC buildings.

Borg once had a map of TRinsic, divided up into what was for what purpose, if this is still around it could come in handy for sure, and we can begin doing what we set out to do long ago.

With someone like [Tri] long gone, it is pretty much left to us to RP the defenders of Trinsic. I know I am setting up the lore of [serf] to recognize PGoH as such.

So those are my comments and ideas for now, most important is keeping our RP strong (as I know we can, y'all are great :) ) and attracting more people to come join in on the fun.

Oh and perhaps having a jousting event, rp'd out, only allowing gm armour and UBWS lances, in Trinsic, say on Paladin Isle of something, would help bring life there. If this is agreeable we can work it out, well the leadership can and Ill gladly help.

Ok, read all this over, think it over and lets talk and get crackin! ;)

I think reviving the elven subguild would be a good idea, but may work better with them being guilded to PGoH this time rather than another "guildstone". This would allow us to communicate more freely using guildchat. Naturally it would follow the same structure, traditions, etc. that it had when it was a "separate" guild. :cry:

As for the map of Trinsic: OlympusAreaNorthofTrinsic.JPG

Indeed, they stay in PGoH, the elves, just use the structure outlined on the Elves section of the PGoH website :cry:

And thanks for the excellent map. I'll soon be labeling parts of the civilian side of town (southern side) to be seen as the Civilian Quarter of the town, as they fill up, first 3 areas Ill be marking ar the Keg & Anchor Tavern, the Bazaar Ground along its southern wall, and as approved by Kodoz the new Codex Testing area, near the docks.

codextest.jpg

Could a Mod of the Announcement forum or such make an official note of that by the way? So that people know we won't be using the Checker Board in Nujel'm anymore, so as to keep things within Trinsic, and focus our play.

Thanks!

Ok, UPDATE OF IMPORTANCE.

We WONT be using the Market Square for Codex training, as I have future ideas for that spot.

Instead Ive found a very fun little spot, that some of you may not know about, a nice "easter egg" made by OSI for people to find.

It is now to be on the Second Floor of the Tinker Shop.

"But there are no stairs, wise Strider, there cant be a second floor, can there?"

YES THERE CAN, AND YES THERE IS! :)

codexchamber.jpg

As Decurion, I will open a gate to the Chamber on Test nights, in case for some reason I am not around I will be sure Anfalas, Kodoz, and Charlie have runes.