Gencon 2005

Martok

Well, just got back from Gencon. Had a blast! Only spent today there. Next year I plan on spending the entire time from Thur/Fri through Sunday. Hudson, Balandar, and myself roamed around on the main exhibit hall floor all day. We didn't get to sign up for any of the hundreds of events due to time restraints.

Here are some pics and stories from Gencon for ya!

Well, I began walking into the front doors of the convention center as I was doing the pee-pee dance in my truck for the last 90 miles, and I heard someone yelling "MARTOK! HEY TOK!" Turning around, I saw Hudson walking across the street. What perfect timing!!!

Hudson had a great little lizard for me! What a perfect gift! Somehow as the day wore on, I lost it somehow... sorry Hudson, (I bet he's REAL mad at me!)

Anyhow, me and Hudson began walking the floor some while waiting for Balandar to show up. About an hour later, Bal was calling telling us where to meet him.

"HEY BALANDAR!" I yelled as I came up to him

klingon.jpg

I was disturbed! Bal didn't respond to me, he just grunted! "Hrm.." Perhaps if i spoke to him in his OWN language!" So I started yelling at him! "KUJASH SMEEK BLAH KAPUSKI!"

It did no good, he grunted at me again and walked away. So I called Balandar again. Bal told me he had moved and was now near the Ragnarok table. Hudson and myself made our way in that direction, and there Bal was!

orc.jpg

Anyhows! All kidding aside, we had a blast. Got to play some DDO and Dragonshard. I was able to get a lot of questions answered about DDO, and will post some of what I found out tomorrow.

Here are some pictures of all of us playing DDO!

Martok playing:

tokdnd.jpg

Hudson playing:

hudsondnd.jpg

Balandar playing:

baldnd.jpg

But the absolute HIGHLIGHT of the event, was to get my picture taken with the Cylon from Battlestar Galactica. WOW WHAT A STRANGE FACE I"M MAKING!

hottie.jpg

Balandar and the Cylon. Notice the evil glowing red eyes!!.. (damn camera). Hudson took this picture (notice the heads being chopped off). I think he was aiming at a different part of her anatomy than her face... :cry:

Cylon-Balandar.jpg

And here is the joker that took the Cylon picture.

Hudson-Balandar.jpg

Here he is again, sharing love to all.

Martok-Hudson-Balandar.jpg

Hudson was really cool. He gave me his DDO dice bag (they ran out). Martok and I bought him a killer bunny.

Hudson-Killer-Rabbit.jpg

Of course, Martok needs some "edumakashun" before he can play DDO.

Martok-Education.jpg

Martok just can't keep his hands in his pockets.

martok-breaking-things.jpg

More DDO pictures! Wait till you see the spell effects! *DROOLS*

Lets just say that fireball really sets em afire! And Cone of Cold turns them into a block of ice, allowing you to shatter them with a weapon!

ddo1.jpg

ddo2.jpg

ddo3.jpg

Thats Right, since i could not attend and you could, had to give my two favorite oldtimer uo mages a hug :)

but seriously the pictures look awesome and lets cross fingers that i will be able to take the graphics in d-d

and i notice all them shots the camera was aimed at one body part on all the females *notices the male trend here*

Balandar: "I don't know what this is, but it's cool looking!"

One scoop Butter Pecan and

One scoop Chocolate Decadence (my absolute favorite).

*nods her head, certain that she has hit it on the button this time*