Paladin Epics 1.5/2.0

Rumblebore

Paladins Of Norrath Epic 1.5 & 2.0 Walkthroughs

You do NOT have to hold epic 1.0 (Kunark Expansion) to pursue these 2 epics.

The walkthrough includes the pursuit of Couragebringer, which is the OoW supplement for non-Epic 1.0 holders in case they want to bypass Kunarks Epic, which is the other post in this forum.

The link is summary is this:

The Complete Paladin Epic Quest 1.5 / 2.0 Walkthrough

***The majority of this information was gathered from threads/posts from this community. Sincere thanks, to those of you who provided the information necessary to create this document. Please, only post updates/corrections. -Belenus/Eci***

Couragebringer (alt quest for those not in possession of 1.0):

[ ] Talk to Baltron Werters in Plane of Valor, 2nd Castle near gate (approx. loc 627, 148 ). After dialog tree, he sends you to deliver Solvent to Gilfal. Receive: Solvent. Find Gilfal in South Ro (approx. loc -2880, -110). Tell him "I am willing to help you rebuild Couragebringer." After he responds, hand him the solvent. Receive the solvent back plus Gilfal's Scabbard, a six slot container. He tells you to gather the four pieces of the sword and place them plus solvent in the Scabbard.

The Four Pieces:

[ ] Kill Neffiken, Lord of Kelek`Vor in Plane of Storms. Small raid force. You must kill all the giants in, and around the forest giant fort. Once that's done, he will become targetable, and remain so, until the first one you killed respawns. Loot: Broken Sword Piece.

[ ] Kill Kaniz Painbringer in Plane of Torment. 1-2 groupable. He spawns in the area that you go to do the key event for Saryrn's Tower, furthest south in the zone (approx. loc -1075, 900). Loot: Broken Sword Piece.

[ ] Kill Maestro of Rancor in Plane of Hate. Small raid force. Loot: Broken Sword Piece.

[ ] Everfrost: Rombus' Request:

Zone into Everfrost with all three of the above Broken Sword Pieces. Locate Rombus, whose text reveals that he has the 4th piece, which he will give to you for a price: [four runes] located in Mistmoore Castle, Plane of Tranquility, Scarlet Desert, and the Gulf of Gunthak. The runes are ground spawns:

[ ] Rune of Yirno (approx. loc 12, 411) in Mistmoore. It's in the GY.

[ ] Rune of Xor (approx. loc -566, 222) in PoTranq. Underwater on the right side of the bridge as you head to PoS.

[ ] Rune of Zota (approx. loc 625, -1000) in Scarlet. The ruined building up on the ledge where you do the shard camp.

[ ] Rune Wilan (approx. loc -850, -950) in Gunthak. On the shore under some wreckage.

Upon turning in the 4 runes, receive the final Broken Sword Piece.

Combine the 4 Pieces Solvent in Scabbard to create Fractured Couragebringer. Hand this to Gilfal, who will hand it back.

Hand in the Fractured Couragebringer to Baltron Werters in PoV. He will keep it for a few moments. He will then spawn the 'Avatar of Rathalzor' who will bless and remake the sword in it's entirely. He tells you to "return it to the might Crusader." Which simply means you may now speak to Irak, and receive the invisible flags for 1.5.

[ ] Results in: Couragebringer.

-------------------------

[ ] Epic quest if you have 1.0

[ ] Talk to Irak Altil, in Halls of Honor, you have to go through his text to get an invisible flag, he basically asks you to seek out souls and rescue them. This happens in the form of soul shard collection and soulstones. He will not respond if you do not have 1.0, or it's alternate, or if you are not 65 plus.

---Note: To find him head to the Halls of Honor B warp gate. When facing the gate turn about 180 degrees. Walk straight forward to the temple area that is directly ahead of you and you will find him (Irak Atil) there (approx. loc 7, -1363).

---Note: Parts I, II, & III can, reportedly, be done in any order.

Part I - Rithnok's Soulstone

[ ] Talk to Enic Ruklin, in the Temple of Life, in Northern Qeynos. He will speak of an iksar who stole a fish. Go through his text, as I don't know if you get an invisible flag here.

Next, talk to Brunar Rankin, the barbarian on the East Freeport dock. He's on the lower level of the docks. A single hail will give you An Iksar's note. The note lists 4 locations.

---Note: You have to have the invisible flag from Irak for the proper response from these NPCs.

At each of these four locations, you grab a pole, some bait, and go fishing. When you fish a dark fish's scale, this is a trigger for A Corrupted Koalindl to pop. It's good to have a tracker as all the locations aren't exacted. The fish themselves do not have a lot of hitpoints (maybe 3 or 4k at most), but do hit relatively solidly (up to 500). They can also flurry. When the fish get low, they run, and are unrootable.

---Note: You have to have the invisible flag from Irak to fish the scales. Also, reportedly, you must have a fishing skill >100.

[ ] First fishing spot: Ocean of Tears

"I fished on the sister island. When the koalindl popped, it aggroed me, near the dock." Kill it, loot A Corrupted Koalindl's Heart.

[ ] Second fishing spot: Overthere

"Finding the fish pop spot here is harder. It pops near (approx. loc 3800, -2000)." Kill it, loot A Corrupted Koalindl's Heart.

[ ] Third Fishing spot: Gulf of Gunthak

"I swam to the coastline and fished there. When it popped, it popped out a bit from shore, near the middle." Kill it, loot A Corrupted Koalindl's Heart.

[ ] Fourth Fishing spot: Nedaria's Landing

"I fished out in the ocean, directly out from the wayfarers camp, to the right of the first pier there. The fish popped nearby. The water is clear, so easier to see him." Kill it, loot A Corrupted Koalindl's Heart.

---Note: Quotes by Ragaroth, The Seventh Hammer.

[ ] Give Enic Ruklin the 4 hearts. Receive: Seal of Enic.

Freeing Rithnok

Head to Skyfire. Find Dry Sapara at the gate to Veeshan's peak. A single hail from him with the seal in your inventory gives you a paragraph of text, asking to find Rithnok. This also spawns Rithnok.

Rithnok pops to the left of the VP entrance, as you're facing outwards from it. Level 68, hits for 800ish, flurries, high MR. Our level 66 stuns will hit him. He is undead, proc's HT infrequently. Bring a group to be safe.

[ ] Kill Rithnok, loot Rithnok's Soulstone. HAND THIS to Dry Sapara. Dry Sapara hands it back to you as a 4 slot container.

Rithnok's Soulstone Shards

Collect 4 soulstone shards to complete Rithnok's Soulstone. All ground spawns found in OoW.

---Note: All these soulstones are fairly easy to find, as they look like the glowing blue orb graphic (i.e. Zlandicar's heart, Xegony fists)

[ ] Dranik's Scar (approx. loc 1000, 100). As you head to Bloodfields, it's at the bottom of the large ramp between the two towers.

[ ] Bloodfields (approx. loc 450, 730). It's in a hut under a noc's foot, as you head towards the Castle housing the Ruins of Dranik zoneout.

[ ] Noble's Causeway (approx. loc -900, -350). As you run towards Wall of Slaughter, keep an eye peeled on the depressed area, as you're running on a raised platform most of the way. The shard is visible from a good distance.

[ ] Ruins of Dranik (approx. loc -500, 360). Go through Murkglider alley, once you exit it to the general south of the Bridgekeeper's area, swing a right out of the tunnel entrance, and go across the way, up a small hill overlooking a camp. Stay left and high on the ridge, until around back of the camp, then down the hill to the shard. BE CAREFUL HOWEVER. There are a bunch of named Kyvs here, that see invis from a great distance.

[ ] Combine the 4 soulstone shards in Rithnok's Soulstone. Results in: Rithnok's Soulstone.

Part II - Drema's Soulstone

[ ] Talk to Mikhal Young, in Dawnshroud Peaks (approx. loc 1340.84, -1287.55). Receive: Drema's Locket.

[ ] Talk to Drema Young, in Mons Letalis (approx. loc 837.45, -1282.73). Give her the locket. Receive: Drema's Fingerbone.

[ ] Return to Mikhal Young. Give him the fingerbone. Receive: Drema's Fingerbone.

[ ] Talk to Denns Rootenpaw (gnome in same camp, by the fire). Give him the fingerbone. Receive: A Bone Collector's Bag.

---Note: You have to have the invisible flag from Irak for the proper response from these NPCs.

Dark Skeleton Remains

[ ] Umbral Plains - Disturbed Elysian Remains

[ ] Ssraeshza Temple - A Soriz Slave, a Soriz Skeleton or Plagued Soriz in the mines

[ ] The Grey - Sun Revenants

[ ] Combine the bones in the bag and return it to Denns Rootenpaw. Receive: Enchanted Bone Powder.

Freeing Drema

[ ] Give the powder to Drema and be prepared, as she attacks you. She is a paladin, uses LH and heals, summons, high MR, unstunnable, hits for 700 , has about 20-25khp. Bring a friend or two. Once killed Drema respawns immediately in her non KoS form. Loot: Drema's Soulstone, 2 slot container.

Drema's Soulstone Shards

[ ] Kill Coterie Corruptor in Tenebrous Mountains. Soloable, though a friend makes it much easier. Coterie castle (approx. loc 656, -1100), 3rd floor. Loot: A Soulstone Shard.

[ ] Kill Shade of Mujaki the Devourer in Plane of Nightmares. 24 person raid limit. The first part of the Mujaki event is the same as it's always been but AFTER you kill Mujaki the Devourer, Shade of Mujaki the Devourer pops right on top. Hits for max 1150, AE rampages, not really that much harder but just has many hp's. Shade is red to a lvl 70. Mujaki dropped normal loot, his Shade dropped the second shard. Loot: A Soulstone Shard.

---Note: Make sure that you zone into PoN with the container and first shard on you. ALSO, YOU need to be the one to start the event.

[ ] Combine the 2 shards in Drema's Soulstone. Results in: Drema's Soulstone.

Part III - Reiya's Soulstone

[ ] Talk to Lovine Lemise, in Abysmal Sea (near the soulbinder). She will ask you to collect a few things. Receive: Lovine's Potion Bag.

---Note: You have to have the invisible flag from Irak for the proper response from these NPCs. (Though, by skipping to the next line of text, you can still receive the potion bag.)

[ ] Potameid Seaweed Strands: Drops in Natimbi off An Entrapped Potameid. Pain in the ass to get if you don't have a tracker. Potameids are in the far SW corner of the zone, out in the water.

[ ] Mastruq Havocblade Blood: Drops in Qinimi off Mastruq Havocblades. A healer/slower/dps smooths the killing over in the Temple where the BiC trial is.

[ ] Noc Fleshfeaster Tail: Drops in Riwwi off Noc Fleshfeasters. A healer/slower/dps smooths the killing over near the Coliseum area.

[ ] Ra'tuk Screambringer's Jaw: Drops in Barindu off Ra'tuk Screambringers. A healer/slower/dps smooths the killing over at either Qinimi or Riwwi zonelines.

[ ] Combine these items in the potion bag and return it to Lovine. She will ask you to give Reiya a potion of Breathless Mist. Give Reiya the potion. Receive: Reiya's Soulstone, 2 slot container.

---Note: Breathless Mist is an LDoN alchemy potion.

Reiya's Soulstone Shards

[ ] Kill The Shade of Reiya the Pained in Ferubi (will spawn no more than a dozen mobs deep from Qinimi zoneline). Take a group. Zoing into Ferubi with Reiya's Soulstone on you triggers the spawn. Hits about 500, flurries, unslowable. Loot: A Soulstone Shard.

[ ] Kill Vuranish Xxuro in Vxed special raid instance. 24 person raid limit. You get this instance from Apprentice Udrana (same guy as normal instances). The only way you can get it is by being in a raid of 10 to 24 people before requesting an instance. YOU must be the one to request the instance. YOU must have Reiya's Soulstone, and the first soulstone shard on you. It is the same map as the normal one, but the mobs are level 71-74. Vuranish Xxuro, a giant Aneuk, level 75, casts PoTime's Terris Thule's AE, Quivering Nightmares. Get to him by going up the right (through less mobs), or up the center. Melee range for spells, high MR, shaman slowable, hits around 2k. Loot: A Soulstone Shard.

[ ] Combine the 2 shards in Reiya's Soulstone. Results in: Reiya's Soulstone.

Part IV - Redis' Soulstone

This soulstone is intact, there are no shards to collect.

With the 3 Soulstones in your inventory, go to Nedaria's Landing. Head towards the open saw mill near the waterfall, if you follow the mouth of the river. Redis Linrok is an erudite, sitting there in a corner (approx. loc 843, -207). All it takes is a hail to get the expedition. Make sure you're in a group as there may be a bug that causes the expedition to vanish quickly if you're ungrouped.

The expedition he gives you is in Ruins of Dranik, same map. Might as well have your group there and ready to zone in. You get the standard blue line for the expedition, nothing really sees invis in the area you would get an expedition in.

Redis is in the NE corner of the zone, and it's a long distance from zone-in. In his room, hug the walls. Good to have a bard/monk puller as 2-3 mobs in the room can aggro. Clear a few mobs in his room, and he comes solo.

Casts two AE's. PoFire's Arch Mage Yozanni's AE, Disjunction of Flame, and PoTime's Terris Thule's AE, Quivering Nightmares. Hits for 1400s, AE Rampages, slowable, undead, few hp's.

[ ] Loot: Redis' Soulstone.

Part V - The Final Battle: Durunal the Cursebearer

Durunal the Cursebearer, is triggered upon zoning into Wall of Slaughter, with the 4 Soulstones on you. He will spawn to the right of the gateway to MPG, in the ruins. He's leashed. You should have an ample sized raid force already in WoS, before you enter. YOU ARE THE TRIGGER. He is reported to despawn fairly quickly, if not engaged. 2 hour reset.

Hits for 1600, rampages, has an AE gflux, so keep levitation spells up. He also has PoTime's Quarm's AE, Epoch Conviction. Keep MR buffs up. Shaman slowable. During the fight, he spawns adds, reportedly timed, NOT based on hp's.

The three types of adds are Vicious Lightning Elemental, Enraged Lightning Elemental, and Furious Lightning Elemental. Enraged adds can NOT be mezzed or rooted, and will have to be kited or offtanked. Furious adds CAN be mezzed/rooted. Vicious adds can NOT be mezzed, but CAN be rooted.

The raid should focus on The Cursebearer, burn him down, then kill adds afterwards.

[ ] Loot: A Dark and Twisted Sword.

The Final Combine

Return to Irak Altil, in HoH, give him A Dark and Twisted Sword. Receive: A Dark and Twisted Sword, 4 slot container.

Place the four completed Soulstones into the container. Combine.

[ ] Results in: Redemption

Redemption Lucy's Entry Submitted by: Culljurk

LORE ITEM MAGIC ITEM NO TRADE

Weight: 5.0 Size: LARGE

Slot: PRIMARY

Damage: 71 Delay: 40

Ratio: 0.563 Godly

Damage Bonus: 50 (lvl 70)

Comparative Efficiency: 240

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

AC: +55 Str: +20 Sta: +30 Cha: +20 Wis: +20 Agi: +20 Fire Resist: +20 Disease Resist: +20 Cold Resist: +20 Poison Resist: +20 HP: +260 Mana: +240

Weapon Skill: Two Hand Slash

Classes: Paladin

Races: Froglok Dwarf Gnome Erudite Halfling High Elf Half Elf Human

Slot 1: Type 4

Slot 2: Type 8

*This item is the result of a raid event.

Last updated: Sun May 15 12:39:19 2005

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Effect: Flames of Redemption

1: Set Healing Effectiveness to 25%

2: Add Proc: Flames of Redemption Strike rate mod 200

Type: Triggered

Charges: Unlimited

Focus Effect: Crusader's Health

1: Increase Healing by 35%

2: Limit: Max Level(70) (lose 10% per level over cap)

3: Limit: Effect(Hitpoints allowed)

4: Limit: Instant spells only

5: Limit: Spell Type(Beneficial only)

6: Limit: Spell(Complete Healing excluded)

7: Limit: Spell(Complete Heal excluded)

8: Limit: Effect(Percentage Heal excluded)

9: Limit: Combat Skills Not Allowed

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Additional Modifiers:

Shielding: +2%

-

Rarity: Very Rare

Level to Attain: 70

Required Level: 65

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2.0 -

Nightbane, Sword of the Valiant - Epic 2.0

Paladin Epic 2.0 Compiled Posts (complete?)

If you HAVE Redemption.

--Speak with Inte Akera in the old world Plane of Sky--

Inte Akera says, "Welcome Cladtwo, I have been waiting for you. I see

you have brought Redemption with you, which symbolizes the completion

of your training with Irak. You must know that I do not train many

knights, so for you to be here and recieving training is a special event.

You should feel honored and proud, for not many knights will get to this

point of Valor and Courage. Though, you still have a [long journey] ahead

of you.

You say, "long journey"

Inte Akera says, "Yes, this training will be long and hard, and the risk of

failure is very high. Though I have granted you the chance to train with

me, that does not mean you can falter; you must be strong and diligent.

Your training will consist of four rites: The Rite of Compassion, the Rite of

Chivalry, the Rite of Heroism, and the Rite of Cleansing. To complete

each rite you will need to acquire a token of that rite. These tokens are

very important, for they symbolize your virtues as a paladin. Once you

have all four tokens, speak to me with them in hand and I will instruct you

on further tasks. Good luck on your journey, knight."

--Note that you must be level 70 to do the majority of the rites tests--

**1. RITE (Rite of Cleansing)

--Head to Felwithe, outside the Paladins guild. There you will find a Male

High Elf in silver plate armor named Galrun Starforge, Location is 47.44, -

209.82, 3.75. Hail him for the first rite quest.--

[Tue Sep 28 13:37:33 2004] You say, 'Hail, Galrun Starforge'

[Tue Sep 28 13:37:33 2004] Galrun Starforge says 'Hail to you, Seijin.

I'm very glad to see a paladin such as yourself here in Felwithe. There

have been some [odd occurrences] as of late.'

[Tue Sep 28 13:37:41 2004] You say, 'odd occurrences'

[Tue Sep 28 13:37:41 2004] Galrun Starforge says 'Yes, about a week

ago, I was helping Nora close up for the night at the Shop of All Holos. I

left the shop and decided to take a quick stroll around Felwithe before

going home to sleep, and I found something odd outside of the cleric's

guild. I saw a Vampire! He was walking around and for a second our eyes

met. . .I ran to get the guards. By the time I returned he was gone and

the guards didn't believe that a Vampire was able to get this far into

Felwithe. The next day I went and spoke to Lord Tynkale and [explained]

to him what I saw.'

[Tue Sep 28 13:38:07 2004] You say, 'explained'

[Tue Sep 28 13:38:07 2004] Galrun Starforge says 'I told him how I saw

a Vampire near the cleric's guild and how he wasn't there when the

guards returned. Lord Tynkale didn't believe me, however, he did promise

to give me a chance to prove what I saw. You will need to assist me in

proving what I saw, Seijin, for I think that Vampire may have been

scouting for an invasion of Felwithe. Go to all the cities in Faydwer and

investigate any odd occurrences there, for I think there might be other

Vampire sightings throughout the continent. Take this bag and fill it with

any proof you find. Good luck crusader.'

-He gives you 'Galrun's Bag', 4 slot GIANT lore no drop. Let the hunt

begin!

-The 4 items you need to collect are:

Orcish Battle Plans

Signus' Vampire Fangs

Teir'Dal Blood Pact

A Slain Vampire's Heart

-Teir`Dal Blood Pact: Out front of Felwithe is Guard Highmoon. Location

is -2007.07, -2343.84, 28.99.

[Tue Sep 28 16:51:33 2004] You say, 'Hail, Guard Highmoon'

[Tue Sep 28 16:51:33 2004] Guard Highmoon says 'Hail, Seijin. I got a tip

from one of our patroling guards that they saw a meeting in Lesser

Faydark between the Teir`Dal and Vampires there. Perhaps you should

check it out.'

-Head to the Tierdal camp on the southern wall of Lfay. Slaughter them (if

you wish) and go into the tent and on the table is the Blood Pact. Location

is -899.86, 1110.92, -1.67

-Orcish Battle Plans:Head to the orc lift and hail Gaurd Fayfear.

[Tue Sep 28 17:10:24 2004] Guard Fayfear says 'Salutations Seijin, nice

to meet you. We have been getting reports of activity in Crushbone lately.

The reports have indicated that an orc messenger was seen speaking to a

being of some sort. . .some say it was a vampire. Maybe you should

investigate.'

-Head to Crushbone. In the castle bottom level (same as Lord Darish)

there is a table and behind it every 2 hours for a few minutes spawns a

Lv65 Orc Messanger. Hits 900ish max, enrages, and be can stunned. He

drops the battle plans.

-A Slain Vampire's Heart:Head to Ak'Anon and you will see a gnome

outfront named Bigilam Wantilans.

[Tue Sep 28 16:36:40 2004] You say, 'Hail, Bigilam Wantilans'

[Tue Sep 28 16:36:41 2004] Bigilam Wantilans says 'Greetings Seijin!!

Something interesting has happened in the last few weeks here. . .we

found a vampire scouting Ak`anon, though no one knows why. He was

captured and slayed, and I ended up buying his heart to keep as a token

of his visit. Would you like the heart?! If you would, bring me a battery

that allows me to recharge my Anizok Maximizing Device.'

-Bring him a Class 6 Mana Battery

[Tue Sep 28 16:42:18 2004] Bigilam Wantilans says 'Good! You found a

mana battery!! Here is the heart I owe you. Bye bye now!'

-Signus' Vampire Fangs:Head to butcherblock. At the crossroads is Gaurd

Mandin.

[Tue Sep 28 18:45:03 2004] You say, 'Hail, Guard Mandin'

[Tue Sep 28 18:45:03 2004] Guard Mandin says 'Greetings, Human.

Lately there has been odd occurrences happening at night at the

Chessboard area in these mountains. Rumor has it some goblins have

been found dead the next morning near there, with their blood sucked

dry. You should investigate the area.'

-Head to the checkerboard in BB and you will see a small hut with a fire

and a dwarf named Signus Boran in front. At nightfall she turns into a 70

con mob but has VERY low dps, I never fell below 99hps taking a beating

from her but there is a trick. After she falls below 20hps you have about 5

seconds to kill her or she full heals to 100% without casting, this may be a

bug but maybe not. Solution is 2 or 3 wizards or druids or mages nuking

at same time at 20%. After her dwarf form dies she respawns as a

vampire also with low HP, max hit about 500. Kill her and loot her fang.

-Now combine all 4 items in Galrun's Bag and return the completed

product to him.

[Tue Sep 28 21:30:43 2004] Galrun Starforge says 'Ah, I see now. . .this

is the proof I needed. It appears that these Vampires are planning an

attack on all four cities in Faydwer. These battle plans show that the Orcs

are assisting the Vampires on the Kelethin front, while the Teir`Dal in

Lesser Faydark are helping the Vampires with their attack on Felwithe. In

Ak`anon and Kaladim, they are using a more deceptive approach by

sneaking into the cities or cloaking themselves as dwarves. This attack

may come any day now! We must stop this attack before it happens.

Seijin, it appears that Valdoon Kel`Novar is leading this attack against the

residents of Faydwer. The fate of the residents of Faydwer now rest on

your shoulders. Gather a party of adventurers such as yourself and return

to me. When you are [ready to fight Valdoon] I will open a passageway

for you to enter the Mistmoore Catacombs. I will only be able to open this

passageway once, so make sure to be ready. Good luck Seijin, and may

Tunare bless thee.'

**Now we are ready for a special instance of MM to kill Valdoon.**

============================================

***Get the Orcish Battle Plans, the Signus' Vampire Fangs, the Teir'Dal

Blood Pact and a Slain Vampire's Heart like described above.

Once you turned in the bag you are ready to start the Valdoon raid in

Mistmoore Catacombs!

- What we know about this raid is:

- Player limit 36 ***changed: limit is now 42***

- Time limit 180 min

- To start the expedition you need your entire raid to be with you in Felwithe. You should be raid leader (you can change this after getting the raid).

- On zoning into MM catacombs you get jumped by 4 mobs.

- Clear the entire zone including 3 guardians (3, not 4) before you fight at

first fake Valdoon and then real Valdoon. (Since the changes to raid, people have reported successfully leaving zone partially uncleared and ignoring fake Valdoon.)

- fake Valdoon is at northroom

- real Valdoon is at westroom

- Fake Valdoon is really cake

- Valdoon himself *can* hit for 4k+ but due to his low ATK he usualy hits

for *just* 2k

- He has different types of spells

- AE DoT with effects that makes you drunk

- AE stun (holds ca 5 secs)

- Single Target DD for 6k

- Have RGC casters in all groups to cure the AE lifetap dot, or Valdoon's

regen will be insane.

- He will spawn waves of 3 (easy) adds (very low HP, hit for about 1k) on

a time base outside the room.

- Have a group in entrance of westroom to intercept and kill this adds

- Have someone to chain dispell Valdoon (he has some lifetap things on

him which raise his regen)

- Note: We forgot the dispelling but we still killed him, so maybe

dispelling eases the fight.

Once Valdoon is dead loot his heart. Hail and return it to Galrun

Starforge and you will recieve the Token of Cleansing.

(Just to be sure to hail Galrun Starforge before returning the heart to

reset some invisible flags.)

**2. RITE (Rite of Compassion)

===================

--Next head on over to Natimbi.--

Under one of the tents is a halfling sitting on the ground named Kemik

Arulon. (Need exact location)--

[Thu Sep 30 18:59:11 2004] You say, 'Hail, Kemik Arulon'

[Thu Sep 30 18:59:11 2004] Kemik Arulon says 'Cough, cough, hello

Tantrik. I apologize for my cough, my sister and I were injured badly by

Muramites in Discord when some of the initial Wayfarers ventured there

to explore. I luckily escaped before being mortally injured, but I lost my

sister in the exodus. I have been stricken with some odd disease that

appears to be eating away at me everyday, and I fear there might not be

anything that can cure me. However, maybe you can try to find a cure for

me. I have heard a set of prayer beads might cleanse my body of this

illness, which can be found in various holy temples throughout Norrath.

Curing me might be hard to do, but someone in one of those temples

might be willing to help.'

--Next, head over to the spaceship in North Qeynos. Find Camlend

Serbold. (Need exact Location)--

[Thu Sep 30 19:24:56 2004] You say, 'Hail, Camlend Serbold'

[Thu Sep 30 19:24:56 2004] Camlend Serbold says 'It has been a while,

Tantrik. You look troubled, is there anything I can help you with? Do you

know anyone that needs the [curing] touch of Rodcet Nife?'

[Thu Sep 30 19:26:42 2004] You say, 'Kemik Arulon needs curing'

[Thu Sep 30 19:26:42 2004] Camlend Serbold says 'I might have

something that will aid you in curing Kemik. Make a small donation of say

500 platinum to Ziska and she will craft powerful prayer beads that will

help Kemik. With the beads Ziska crafts you will need to combine them

with [special gems].'

[Thu Sep 30 19:27:02 2004] You say, 'what special gems'

[Thu Sep 30 19:27:03 2004] Camlend Serbold says 'The gems that will be

needed I can't help you with, Tantrik. Travel to the city of North Freeport

and seek out a holy knight like yourself. Hopefully he will be able to help

you for Kernik's sake.'

--At this point you will be handed An Unfilled Set of Prayer Beads

Talk to Camlend Serbold like described above and get the Unfilled Set of

Prayer Beads (8 slot container)

-To get the beads you have to visit all paladin guildmasters:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-Hail Camlend Serbold in Qeynos North.

-Give Ziska Ironforge (Qeynos) 500pp

-Run through text with Arem Ulosia (Freeport) (/say Camlend Serbold

sent me). Bag (gem) spawns at top floor in a room on a desk.

-Give General Jyleel 1000pp

-Tell Datur Nightseer (Kaladim) "Prayer Beads", he asks you to bring him

a A Bottle of Double Brewed Double Dry Stout, brew it, trivial ~253.

-Bring Shin Master Grubbus (Gukta) a summoner Quiver of Marr (mage)

-Bring Reklon Gnallen (Erudin) an Iron ratio and Mead

-Hail Lewis Reldnok (Akanon) and sit in front of him (hands you the gem)

-Run through text with Kaya Cloudfoot (Rivervale), she gives you a note

to give to Deputy Cheel (inside bank house near banker - if he isn't up

just wait for him).

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--Next, head back to Natimbi and give the completed prayer beads to

Kemik:

[Fri Oct 01 09:44:47 2004] As Kemik holds the prayer beads close to him,

a blessing falls upon his body from the goddess Erolissi.

[Fri Oct 01 09:44:47 2004] Kemik Arulon begins to cast a spell.

[Fri Oct 01 09:44:47 2004] Kemik Arulon's wounds begin to heal.

[Fri Oct 01 09:44:47 2004] Kemik Arulon says 'Thank you Tantrik. Praying

with these beads has cured me of my sickness. Now, all that is left to be

done is for you to find my sister Anetal in Discord. I have received

reports that she is being held in an area called Dranik Hollows. When you

are ready, bring these prayer beads with you, gather up a few of your

friends, and return to me. I will see about opening up a passageway for you to find her.'

In Dranik Hollow you have to kill a red con rat called Muridae the Plagued.

After the rat is dead hand the necklace to Anetal and then go back to

Kemik Arulon and hail him to recieve the Token of Compassion.

**Muridae is decribed as follows:

OK a couple of little tips, you must have a good well balanced group, I

went with Warrior, Paladin, Druid, Cleric, Enchanter and Magician, all

Tacvi flagged, so that was a 14k warrior and Paladin. The RAT stayed

alive about 30-40 seconds, he is Undead, so there is a little justice.

You can IU all the way to the Rat, so you dont have to kill everything

unless you want too, but there is social aggro. so give yourselves some

room.

Buff up as best you can but don’t really have to bother too much, you're

going in there to burn it down, you wont have time to try and cure the

AE's, just have cures available for once the rat dies.

Fight lasted 1:50 seconds, he was at 56% when we wiped.

Group was: Paladin (70), Cleric (69) (2 boxed, weakly geared), Rogue

(70), Rogue (66), Enchanter (66), SK (66).

Went back with this group the following day:

Paladin (70), Ceric (70), Cleric (65), (Both lightly Time geared and lower)

Rogue (70), Rogue (66), Bard (67).

Everybody but the clerics are Time to Qvic equiped.

Fight lasted 2:10 seconds, rat dead. Didn't bother curing any of the AE's,

just went madhouse on the rat. I was the main tank, and I was boxing a

cleric. Fight wasn't to bad, the key was not to worry about his AE's and

just burn him down. Had 525 resists to help with the 3k lifetap. (This was

what made the difference)

**3. RITE (Rite of Chivalry)

=================

--Head to the South Ro Wayfayer camp. Look for a robed male high elf

named Instructor Maerceal. (Need Exact Location)--

You say, 'hail Instructor Maerceal'

Instructor Maercecl says 'Caladel! How I am glad to see you! Something

grave has [happened] to a stundent of mine, Keelee Rayin'

You say, 'happened'

Instructor Maercecl says 'Keelee was gathering a few research

components for different spells that i was going to create. She had visited

a few locations in Deeper Guk and then was heading to Rujarkian to

gather some items there. On her way through Oasis, she was attacked by

a band of Orcs. Caladel, you must save her! I am not sure where she is

currently, but I would begin by searching Oassis for her. Good luck, friend'

Keelee Rayin is in Oasis of Marr at loc +1489, +1312. To be more

general, the pointed stone (with 4 orcs around it) about 20 seconds south-

west from the zone-in from NRo, next to the west wall. Very close to the LDON entrances.

She's lying on the ground, FD-like.

-Talk to Instructor Maercecl in South Ro wayfarer camp like described

above.

-Now go to Keelee Rayin (Oasis at loc 1500, 1300) and hail her. This will

start the event in which you have to solo 4 waves of 4 orcs at first and

then to kill Remal the Black with a raid force.

Once Remal is dead go back to Keelee and hail her - she will give you a

broach which you can turn in for the Toke of Chivalry at Instructor

Maercecl.

--What we know about the event is here:

The event starts with 4 blue con orcs, they hit me roughly 100-600. Remal

the Black also spawns in an untargetable form, don't worry about him for

now. They are immune to snare and leashed so you gotta fight in the

circle and you gotta tank/kill all 4 at once. After a certain amount of time

another wave of 4 orcs will spawn. It is NOT triggered on the death of the

first 4 orcs, its strictly timed. So if you fall behind you can easily get more

then 4 on you. There are 4 waves in total so you must endure that long.

I was self buffed +voq/vallon and had ~12,300 hp, ~2300 ac, 12%

shielding, and roughly a 8100 mana pool with voq, wielding redemption,

also have ~930 aa for ref. The fight was fairly rough, ended with hand of

piety used, 73% life, 23% mana. They don't hit very hard individually but

4 at once puts out some decent dps. Had to spam lots of quick heals etc,

so don't take this fight lightly. Did win on my first real try of it tho. First

time I triggered it, I was just trying to stay alive, while I frantically ran

my wizard there to help because I didn't know what to expect. Soon as he

got there tho he was banished. The first time after my wiz got banished, I

backed out of leash range, and the ring despawned a few minutes later.

So, there is a timer on how long you have to win the first part, but I’m not

sure how long it is. If you fail this part Keelee will respawn in about 30

minutes. (didn’t time it)

(If you fail Keelee you shouldn't need to go back and talk with the

instructor. You should just be able to retrigger once she respawns.)

After you win all 4 waves, Keelee and Remal will both despawn and

respawn in the SE orc camp near the water. Now Remal is targetable.

--Gather up a raid force because he is mean. I got waxed fast assuming I

had to do this part solo too hehe. (Min hit on me in the short time I lived

was 1488, max 2688(@12% shielding). He has ae ramp for his max

damage, and casts 2 aes. (lucy.allakhazam.com/spell...urce=Live,

lucy.allakhazam.com/spell...ource=Live) I gathered up what force I could

at 1am and tried him with 13 people. (6 of those were being run by 1

person it was late!, another was duoed by me), We got wasted at arround

80%, he has tons of hp. I would estimate this requires a solid 4-5 groups

of Tacvi level. If you fail he stays up over 2 hours for sure, he was still up

when I checked this morning before work. Which would make it at least 9

hours (unless it respawned when I zoned back in not sure). Edit: He’s

been up like 3 days since I popped him, but this is getting fixed next time

there is a patch isn’t suppose to stay up this long.

**4. RITE (Rite of Heroism)

================

One group can do this event no problem!

Step1

Chat to Duram Firecaster and head to MPG. Find Pashina Clouddancer

(right circle room Power end of map). Clear the room behind Pashina.

Step2

Then say to Pashina "Duram wants you to come home". This will spawn

Diad the Devourer in the room, kill him and loot the sword. Diad cons red

but he is weak max hit on me was like 352.

Step3

Hand the sword to Pashina and say "follow", she will then follow you to

WoS zone (just like LDoN rescue). She will whine abit when you attack

stuff but thats nothing she will follow you anyhow also she does not fight.

Step4

Get to WoS zone and say "note". She will hand you a note to give to her

brother "Duram Firecaster" and he will give you Token of Heroism.

[sun Dec 12 19:21:25 2004] Pashia Clouddancer says 'At last, I'm free

again! Thank you so much for saving me from the horrors of this vile

place. You have my gratitude. I can find my way out from here friend.

Here, take this [note] back to my brother. It should explain what good

deed you have done for me here today.'

[sun Dec 12 19:21:25 2004] You say, 'note'

[sun Dec 12 19:21:26 2004] Pashia Clouddancer says 'Ok, here's the

note for you. Thank you again!'

[sun Dec 12 19:28:21 2004] You have entered Nedaria's Landing.

[sun Dec 12 19:29:04 2004] Duram Firechaser says 'Tolantra! I see you

have returned with a letter from Pashia. I am so glad to hear she is doing

well. This letter states you slayed a beast and reclaimed Pashia's sword

for her, that is truly honorable. This letter also states you escorted her out

of a very dangerous area of Discord. . .you are truly heroic. Thank you so

much for your assistance Tolantra, here is your reward: a token of heroism'

Redeemer Tolantra Pureheart < Phantom Raiders >

Lordette of Bertoxxulous

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-Turned the orb in (From CoA)

[sun Jan 09 21:16:25 2005] Inte Akera says 'You have defeated the

minions of Anguish and have exceeded my expectations, Madlez. You

have proven yourself to be a powerful paladin and a savior of all of

Norrath. These tokens are the embodiment of your virtues, Madlez. Take

them and this scabbard and create your final sword. Place all of your

tokens into this scabbard along with Redemption and forge the sword out

of your own virtues. Today is a joyous day among paladins everywhere,

for we have a new mentor lord protector among us.

-Got 2 more token and a quiver

-Combined 6 token + Redemption in it and got:

[sun Jan 09 21:17:14 2005] You have gained an ability point! You now

have 10 ability points.

[sun Jan 09 21:17:14 2005] As you combine all six tokens in the

scabbard with Redemption, you feel a tugging at your soul. An energy

flows through you as you feel the virtues of your inner self being tugged

and tempered into the weapon. For a second you feel drained, but now

that feeling has subsided. A final flash of light occurs and a new sword is

tempered; Nightbane, Sword of the Valiant.

[sun Jan 09 21:17:14 2005] You have fashioned the items together to

create something new!

Done!

This is what I could find from many different posts.

Thanks to everyone that had a hand in gathering this information.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Nightbane, Sword of the Valiant Lucy's Entry Submitted by: Madlez of Darkwind

LORE ITEM MAGIC ITEM NO TRADE

Weight: 5.0 Size: LARGE

Slot: PRIMARY

Damage: 102 Delay: 40

Ratio: 0.392 Godly

Damage Bonus: 50 (lvl 70)

Comparative Efficiency: 317

AC: +85 Str: +20 Sta: +35 Cha: +15 Wis: +30 Agi: +30 Fire Resist: +30 Disease Resist: +30 Cold Resist: +25 Magic Resist: +30 Poison Resist: +30 HP: +425 Mana: +400

Weapon Skill: Two Hand Slash

Classes: Paladin

Races: Froglok Dwarf Gnome Erudite Halfling High Elf Half Elf Human

Slot 1: Type 4

Slot 2: Type 8

*This item is the result of a raid event.

Last updated: Mon May 2 19:58:10 2005

Effect: Flames of the Valiant

1: Set Healing Effectiveness to 40%

2: Add Proc: Flames of the Valiant Strike rate mod 200

Type: Triggered

Charges: Unlimited

Focus Effect: Touch of Ablution

1: Increase Healing by 40%

2: Limit: Max Level(70) (lose 10% per level over cap)

3: Limit: Effect(Hitpoints allowed)

4: Limit: Instant spells only

5: Limit: Spell Type(Beneficial only)

6: Limit: Spell(Complete Healing excluded)

7: Limit: Spell(Complete Heal excluded)

8: Limit: Effect(Percentage Heal excluded)

9: Limit: Combat Skills Not Allowed

Rarity: Ultra Rare

Level to Attain: 70

Required Level: 70

This item is the result of a quest.

Nightbane, Sword of the Valiant (Paladin Epic 2.0)

Crafted: This item is crafted by players.

Additional Modifiers:

Mana Regeneration: +2

Attack: +30

Regeneration: +2

Magic DMG: +1

Shielding: +5%

Item Lore: The blade glows with the virtues of a valiant knight.

Flames of the Valiant: Any Slot/Can Equip

Casting Time: 0.8 seconds

Recast Delay: 300 seconds

Recast Type: 6

Archived