Firefox!

Lord Ser Brightblade

Couldnt really find a forum just for computer apps but figured this was the closest thing.

This was posted on Slashdot

Firefox Downloads Reach 75 Million

Mozilla

The Internet

Software

Posted by CowboyNeal on Friday July 29, @05:26AM

from the look-out-mcdonalds dept.

WindozeSux writes "Today Mozilla Firefox has reached its 75 millionth download. The Mozilla staff find this a morale booster since recent security vulnerabilities have slightly lowered the browser's growth rate. 'We're beefing up the management on the project. The project is still very healthy. We're seeing continued corporate interest and have a lot of large organizations that want to do deployments,' said Chris Hoffman."

For those that don't know FIrefox is a great alternative to Internet Explorer. I personally switched about 2 years ago now and haven't looked back. The tabbed browsing, which allows you to display multiple pages, rocks!! Oh yeah...while they have had issues with security as is mentioned above I can assure you its less than IE has had and issues get fixed much faster than IE (sometimes within a day!!)

Anyway if you'd like to check it out click the link ----> I want Firefox

I know my sister uses that, and she seems to like it.  She likes how you can customize it.. she has a cat theme or something.

Yeah it's sweet. I bet the new IE in beta probably is similar to Firefox. I might check that out. Here is a review I saw on it. Looks like it is getting many of the features Firefox has.

Click here to see the review on IE 7

I was never into the tabs thing. I had to use Netscape for something before, and just missed the regular whatever they're calleds at the bottom of the screen to switch between windows.

Firefox has been moving up for about a year now. I.E. 7 will be coming out with tabs, but it will only work in Windows XP. So.. I can't use that at work :tease: . I have netscape, opera, firefox, and I.E. for testing my websites.