LOTR: The Fellowship of the Ring

Balandar

8 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Where is zero?!!!! I'm waiting until a Friday noontime when all the kiddies are at school and I can go sneak in and watch it by my lonesome.

I DID buy the hardcover set for myself to read for the Nth time. The question is - do I watch the movie first or reread the trilogy first? What say you, Bal? I haven't read the books in about 15 years.

I am going to see it on Saturday, I started to reread the first book.  But I don't think I will have it finished in time.  But I have read the books about 6 times.  The last complete time was last year.

Have fun on Friday Suin, I can't wait for Sat to come.

Fing

It'll also enhance the book since you will have all the scenes and people in your mind.

I'd be afraid of that, though, It won't match my imagination... I think I'd like to imagine the scenes all over again. I did go to the web site and watched the videos they had online (thelordoftherings.net) - I wasn't too afraid of spoilers. It just made me so excited to see the movie!

I have seen the movie three times.  I read the LOTR books about once a year for the last ten years.  I never read new books, I have a huge collection of old classics I just read over and over and over.  (like Moby Dick).

I must say, I was not dissapointed at all in the movie.  I think the parts of the book they cut out were not important to the story line, and in fact, some of the additions added a lot to the overall movie.

For those that have not read the books, some of the scenes may be a bit hard to understand.  Don't wait Siun, see the movie, and use the visualizations from the movie towards the book.  

Gotta love that Gimli!!!

Well I saw it today finally.  I really liked it.  The end battle very very well done.  I liked that.  Although there were a few things that were left out that I thought was important, the majority of the flick was bang on with the book.  If you havn't read the book you will miss out on Tom Bombadil, I was looking forward to seeing him and the barrow-downs.  Also the way that the 4 hobbits got together is different in the book at the begining.  Not really important I am just picky.

A few other things that I noticed, when they are in Moria only Frodo's sword glows blue, Gandalf's should have aswell, his is the Elven blade Glamdring.  Hmm what next, oh yes something that I thought should have been added was all of the gifts that Galadriel gives to the fellowship.  They are important in the story line, Isildur's sword reforged and given to Aragorn, tell me that is not important later on.

Don't get me wrong I loved the movie and will probably go see it again.  I just am picky when it comes to my fav book.

Neways, if you havn't seen it, GO SEE IT.

Fing

Yes, I am wondering how the next movie will deal with the phial that Galadriel was supposed to have given to Frodo.  

Tom Bombadil would have been neat to see, but I don't think it took too much away from the movie.  The sword was in the movie, remember when Boromir took the blade and cut himself with it, then dropped it on the ground?  They didn't talk as much about the sword as they did in the book.  

Fing, what did ya think about Gimli?  I thought he was great....NOBODY TOSSES A DWARF!

He's got the attitude that Martok has in UO, and Damar has in DAoC.   :smash:

Gimili was very good,  I liked the scene in the Khazad Dum.  

As for the gifts Frodo was given the vial from Galadriel, that was the only gift given.  They didn't have the lock of hair to Gimili, bow to Legolas, belts to Merry and Pip, soil to Sam, sheath for Aragorn.  Some are not important, but the lock of hair to Gimili was important I thought.  Relations between the elves and dwarfs later at the end were tied around that I though.

Dwarfs do rule

Fing

btw the name I am going to use for my Runemaster is Rasha or Rahsa, depending on what is used.