Next step in Wolfriders storyline

Inar

In the coming weeks we're actively planning the next event of the Wolfriders storyline. It will be a level 50+ event involving unknown numbers of Alliance defenders and an attack on a remote Alliance outpost (there is a story involved but I don't want to give too much away just yet). We'll likely need a few helpers, maybe more than a few depending on the Alliance response.

(Basically: there's an identified NPC target in a remote Alliance town who Inar has found to be supplying arms to the Alliance forces in Warsong Gulch. Thrall asks this target be ... uh ... neutralized. We're going to flag from a Horde outpost and ride to the Alliance outpost, and at least one Alliance guild will be tipped off to the oncoming attack. So we'll expect resistance. There won't be any attempt at a "strict" script as we could be defeated at any point, but there are a series of fall-back and rally points along the way. But it's not entirely unlikely that we we'll find ourselves with a score of Alliance "adds" and won't be able to complete the mission. This time.)

-Nar

Sounds damn cool Inar! When are you doing this? If I am around I would like to offer my aid.

Right now I'm working on the "when". Plan is going to be:

1. find time Inar is certain to be available

2. invite Wolfriders and find response

3. invite Allies and find response

4. announce intention to select enemy forces (e.g. they have a spy in Thrall's court somewhere)

5. have at it.

Point #1 is going to be a bit tough to gauge at this point as the 4th of July weekend is creating a bit of craziness. Best guess is "very very late" on Friday July 15th or "very very early" on Saturday July 16th depending on your perspective -- 1 AM server time (EST) very very early Saturday July 16th in my perspective. Event likely for two hours, including meeting with Thrall ahead of time, flying to Bloodvenom Post, riding... er... well I may have already given too much away for now. I don't want to advertise too widely in a publicly readable place as if "way way too many Alliance show up" it will not be pretty or very fun, and as they outnumber us by a wide margin...

The ending will either be returning to Thrall (which I usually like) or having a Warsong Gulch battle first, then returning to Thrall. I just don't know how really to wrap roleplay around capture the flag yet.

I'm aware this time isn't the best for everyone, and I apologize for that. We try to move the times of our events and meetings to involve different sets of people.

-Nar

Sounds damn cool Inar! When are you doing this? If I am around I would like to offer my aid.

Right now I'm working on the "when". Plan is going to be:

1. find time Inar is certain to be available

2. invite Wolfriders and find response

3. invite Allies and find response

4. announce intention to select enemy forces (e.g. they have a spy in Thrall's court somewhere)

5. have at it.

Point #1 is going to be a bit tough to gauge at this point as the 4th of July weekend is creating a bit of craziness. Best guess is "very very late" on Friday July 15th or "very very early" on Saturday July 16th depending on your perspective -- 1 AM server time (EST) very very early Saturday July 16th in my perspective. Event likely for two hours, including meeting with Thrall ahead of time, flying to Bloodvenom Post, riding... er... well I may have already given too much away for now. I don't want to advertise too widely in a publicly readable place as if "way way too many Alliance show up" it will not be pretty or very fun, and as they outnumber us by a wide margin...

The ending will either be returning to Thrall (which I usually like) or having a Warsong Gulch battle first, then returning to Thrall. I just don't know how really to wrap roleplay around capture the flag yet.

I'm aware this time isn't the best for everyone, and I apologize for that. We try to move the times of our events and meetings to involve different sets of people.

-Nar

the 14th - 18 ill be partying up with some naked montreal women.. so sorry i wont be able to make it , *grins

Edited by Sleyvas

Much more details:

http://wolfriders.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=211

My apologies to those who have to register -- I've tried to include those who have already registered in the appropriately permissioned group "Skullcrusher Clan". If you do choose to visit the wolfriders meager site and register, you should be able to request membership in the group, and then wait patiently for me to approve the request. The reasons for trying to keep these plans on a more "need to know" basis is the simple desire to keep 100 Alliance guilds from showing up and crashing the party. We'll likely get more than we've bargained for just by activating the "such and such is under attack" message.

So in short, to learn more details, either visit that link or wait until someone who has already registered (Volonazra, Sleyvas, Grawuulf) can post the details on a "private" board. The principal details and needs are likely to remain unchanged.

-Nar