Looking for a new game

reneequixtcl

Hi there! Some of ya knew me as Nadjhia on SWG and Re'nee in the ITC .. so here's my dilemma:

Upon leaving SWG I wish to find a new game to call my second home. I haven't heard much about WoW and thought maybe you could give me a little insight.

This is what I am looking for in an online game .. I hope WoW has a little or lots of it:

A combat system like the games Neverwinter Nights, Baulder's Gate, of that sort. Where you can just don your armor, sword and a bit of magic to go out adventuring .. no 'doctor's buffs' needed to fight monsters of your level or lower.

Awesome graphics!

Smooth gameplay

Lots of little quests

Character customization

stuff of that sort.

A free 14 day trial?

Thanks so much for taking the time to answer this >:L

Hello,

Wow has all that and some. IMHO WoW is the best game out there and im a MMORPG veteran.

Awesome graphics? Its subjective i suppose. I perosnally like them (and liked DAoC original graphics) although they arent the best graphics in the genre.

Smooth gameplay? Again subjective. I know people that can play under the minimum requirements. For best play you will want lots of RAM and a decent vid card, like all MMORPGs. I have average vid card and only 512 ram but i can get 35+fps (with settings halfway up or higher) easily.

Quests? OMG you will be swamped with people needing your help. There will never be a time when you arent on a quest.

Character customization? Eh..not so much. Limited facial features, but most people customize with gear, pets, weapons, etc. Mostly, you "customize" with role playing and building a reputation.

Free trial? Yep 1 month free. Seems to be the norm when you buy most MMRPGs.

The best features in WoW IMHO are: immersion and setting, quests and questing system, PVP >:L , instance dungeons, graphics (to some degree), sound, game engine and mechanics (little things mean ALOT), and the of course the skullcrushers.

Hope i gave you enough to go on. More specific info can be found http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/. We need good priest btw! >;]

Edited by Volonazra

Hello,

Wow has all that and some.  IMHO WoW is the best game out there and im a MMORPG veteran. 

Awesome graphics?  Its subjective i suppose.  I perosnally like them (and liked DAoC original graphics) although they arent the best graphics in the genre.

Smooth gameplay?  Again subjective.  I know people that can play under the minimum requirements.  For best play you will want lots of RAM and a decent vid card, like all MMORPGs.  I have average vid card and only 512 ram but i can get 35+fps (with settings  halfway up or higher) easily. 

Quests?  OMG you will be swamped with people needing your help.  There will never be a time when you arent on a quest.

Character customization?  Eh..not so much.  Limited facial features, but most people customize with gear, pets, weapons, etc.  Mostly, you "customize" with role playing and building a reputation.

Free trial? Yep 1 month free.  Seems to be the norm when you buy most MMRPGs.

The best features in WoW IMHO are: immersion and setting, quests and questing system, PVP :cry: , instance dungeons, graphics (to some degree), sound, game engine and mechanics (little things mean ALOT), and the of course the skullcrushers.

Hope i gave you enough to go on.  More specific  info can be found http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/.  We need good priest btw! >;]

Cool thanks for the help .. though I really like being able to try a game before buying it. Thankfully I hadn't bought everquest 2 before I tried it today. Wasn't very happy with the gameplay. As it seems with all input and trials I am doing, Asheron's Call seems the best so far. Gonna see if I can hook up with someone down here to see them play WoW and see how I like it.

>:L

Edited by reneequixtcl

WoW does lag some.

I really like the graphics. While they are a bit "cartoonish" and very colorful, I think that combo beats the hell out of some of the washed out and dark looking MMOGs. (Who wants a great video card that can display 16 million shades of brown?)

Get 1 MB of RAM if possible - all your games will love you, even if WoW isn't "the one".

Doctor buffs. Hehe. *Shudder* You can pretty much solo in WoW, no matter what your class, without needing some buff from another class.

Bottom line: This is a game you should try. I think it is worth the $50 just to check out. (Make a Dwarf and crunch through the snow in newbie-land!) Blizzard has done a LOT of things right in this game, even if it isn't perfect. If you are a fan of game design, and want to talk intelligently about what is right and wrong in the MMORPG world you need to spend some time in WoW. Have fun!

Get 1 MB of RAM if possible - all your games will love you, even if WoW isn't "the one".

:cry: 1 MB... >:L Careful there, that's almost as bad as saying 640k of memory is all anyone should ever need. hehehehe. :p One little slip and it will haunt you for the rest of your life, even if you deny ever saying it! Ho ho, what!