Friday's Poll

Volonazra

What do you think of the new Honor System?  

10 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

i vote good but i have issue with some things. its great that there is going to good reward for pvp. but the fact that killing greys is not dishonorable is just bunk. i hoped blizz would be the first game to figure out griefing sucks and do something about it. glad i chose RP server. i was going to chose pvp, but i figured it would be a gankfest.

Sounds ok to me as it is.

I believe the rationale behind the non-impacting grey PC kills is the following.

If you get a negative result from grey kills, a grey could instigate a battle with allies and get credit for killing ya. There would be a disincentive(the honor hit) for you to fight back. Now it will just be no gain and you really do not gain anything from the kill.

If only they could devise a system in which you got a negative effect for attacking a grey, but you didn't get one if you were only striking back after the grey attacked you first.

Edited by Rhoach

If only they could devise a system in which you got a negative effect for attacking a grey, but you didn't get one if you were only striking back after the grey attacked you first.

exactly. WHY cant this seem to be done by any designers on any game? Wait o minute, thats logical.....cant have that now can we. :bubbles:

Oh this is freaking hot!

I'm excited as all hell now. I joined this game in general so I could have some aweseome PVP action.

My only concern is... if people are bearing that SUPER ARMOUR how is anybody supposed to kill them to get PVP points? Maybe this is an easy question for somebody who's done a lot of PVP... but that's my only concern.

But yeah, that's good incentive to incite some serious violence. If it does that, give it a chance.

You can start by killing lower level NPC/Guards in newbies towns. This should earn you some points.

As for hitting someone with that UBER gear all levels PC's can hit any level PC, what really makes the diffrence is the amount of HPS that a higher level player has. But trust me when i say, When you try to clomp a higher level player we dont take kindly to that and proceed to clomp the crap out of ya for trying it.

I'm not sure what to think about the pvp system they have going.

I LOVED old school UO pvp.

DAoC pvp was enjoyable too.

Verdict is still out for me. I can't really make a judgement until I do more WoW PvP though.

Yup, I really cant make an option about PvP on a large scale till i upgrade my comp. So whoever want to donate to the save Meifftors Comp fund can send check or money orders to....J/K.

Hopefully soon I can get the wife to give me the cash to upgrade my comp. Then I might just have to go back being a Shadow priest so I can rule in Battlegrounds. :bubbles:

I just cant wait till you guys hit 58+ and have the time to come on a raid with me. You will love it. And me being in a raiding guild we (NL) know every instance and can finish them in a 1/4 of the time that most guilds do them in. Our record time for UBRS is 1 hr 15 min, ave time is 1 hr 35 mins so its not like you need to set aside alot of time to run with us once to see the UBER loot and those 500+ level mobs.

For the Honor of the Horde

Edited by meffio

Gonna have to do this before the patch comes out and we all get screwed on the instance limits on the number of people that can attend. UBRS and LBRS can easily be done with 15 and would still be under 2 hrs to do it. Its just the other places that are limited to 10 that will be a problem finishing in that time or finding room to fit guests in.

OH and FYI if any of you can hit 60 by Sat the 19th at 8:00pm est. We (NL) are going to be running a MC raid. We dont expect to live long but were gonna go for it and see how far we can make it. Wish me luck on some UBER Epic drops. :bubbles: