So blizz sends me an lil note.....

Volonazra

Im sitting here drinking my coffee, reading my boards, and checking email. What do i find awaiting me, a sweet lil message from blizz that "Swoop" (one of my alts) is in violation of the RP naming policy. >:0 (cant do that while stunned and confused)

wtf huh? Please enlighten me on this golden nugget of logic. Is there not a type of carriorn bird in mulgor named a swoop(hence the name)? Is Swoop too like l33t speak?

So what to do? Here are my options: 1. Keep the name they ALREADY changed it to WITHOUT notice/warning at 4am this morning. 2. Email them a list of names (in order of prefrence) that Blizz then decides which are good enough, if available. 3. Email them to dispute the change. AARRGGG i didnt need this today. >:L

These kinds of issues have been all over the WoW forums lately. I've seen some successfully overturn the ruling. My opinion would be based on how attached you are to the name. If it's critical, fight for it. If it's of no consequence, I'd flip them a n ote with a list of alt names to change it to that you'd be happy with.

Swoop sounds like a character from Mad Max or something similar. Names on the RP server have to be...

1.) pronounceable

2.) not derived from the English language (e.g. ViperKiller).

If they are something that might be a taurenish name, as in SkyLion (or something weird like that), then you can probably fight for it..

From what I have read, if you submit a long background story about your character and how his name came to exist, then they might let you keep Swoop.

@Balandar I read plenty of the ToA. Im aware of the special rules, and is one of the reasons i play on AD. Also, it matters little if player names or RP style fit into our personal preference. It does matter that we respect others way of playing and cope with differences or disaggrement.

Meif was right. Names cannot be same as any creature in-game. Go figure. I dont recall that being highlighted as a nono. Funny thing is just yesterday he and i were talking about some of the horrible name violations still running rampant. Case in point, player named Necromaniac. Oh give me a break. >:L I heard others that Morgh reported were far worse also.(i leave that part for him to tell)

Its not the fact that they renamed my character, but the fact they did it without warning, notice, or contacting me in anyway that i was in violation. I was on untill 2am and this email is posted as 4am. Thats bad business if you ask me.

Anyhow submitting a list of names as im sure they wont be make any special case here. Any he will still be known as Da Swoop. Eat it Blizz >:0

Edited by Volonazra

Swoop is a decent name to me

I remember a childhood cartoon favorite of mine had a character named Swoop >:L Transformers baby!

Can't fight city hall though. Just send em some names before they stick you with one you really hate.