Smedley Speaks!

Syban

Taken from the Vault.

Rumor Mill

Have you heard the one about SOE and Lucas Arts parting ways? Well it seems, the rumor was, after Jump to Light Speed's release these two companies would divorce quicker then a Vegas wedding. True? False? Hmmm....

The Rumor from MMGN.COM

I know that this is forbidden from the higher-ups, but we like to let our minds run wild here. I have heard it from the grapevine and have discussed this with a good friend of mine who has also heard the same. Apparently Lucasarts is displeased with the way that SOE (Sony Online Entertainment) has handled Star Wars' MMORPG Galaxies. Now the day after the JTL expansion goes live, they plan to announce the second expansion pack and the divorce between SOE and Lucasarts. They will then give update us on the changes that will be made when Lucasarts takes the controls.

Speculation has gone on that they are looking towards a SWG with no players being Jedi. It is said that Lucas is displeased with the game but excited about it's potential. As a Star Wars fan and a gamer, I think (if this is true) that this will be a turn for the better. Whatever Lucasarts does with it flying solo, it is sure to do Star Wars justice. Stay tuned and we will keep you informed.

The Fact

Soon after I posted the rumor of SOE and Lucasarts parting ways, I was contacted through email by the President of SOE, John Smedley. The contents of the email were as follows,

Not sure where that rumor got started about LucasArts / SOE. It's absolutely untrue. Tin-foil hats are in order.

John Smedley

President, Sony Online Entertainment

-- LiquidTr4nce @ Thu 14 Oct 2004

• 2 weeks later...

Archived