Thoughts on EQ2

Altarial

What does everyone think about EQ2? At first I was dead set against not switching, but I've spent a good part of today going over the lore, classes, races, combat, etc and I think it would be fun to try out. I already know some friends who are going to switch and it would be fun to be true newbs again. Atm I'm looking at being a high elf cleric, duh. I'd probably follow the path of the templar also since I like being good :p I really liked reading about the lore. It's interesting that Luclin exploded, none of the gods are talking to us and Kerafym is flying around in outer space searching for Veeshan... among many other things.

I personally can't wait until the release of EQ2. I played EQ for just over three years and miss it in a lot of ways. The new one looks and sounds like it will be really good and although SWG has been an absolute BLAST to play -- it will be nice to at least complement it with some good ol' Fantasy again! :smurf:

Last I heard it was a November release date, so that gives me plenty of time to try to think about it :smurf: Anyone know what happens if I cancel my EQ account and I still have like 4 months pre-paid? I pay for a year at a time, and if I switch to EQ2 in November, I still have until February until the account expires. I don't want to be out that money if there is something I can do to get it back.

Well, what if I want to cancel my account in November, but the cycle ends in February? What happens to that $40 or so that I won't be using? Am I just out that money or does it get refunded or put towards EQ2?

Please don't quote me on this, but I think you'll be out the money. I cancelled my Dark Age of Camelot subscription (and I *think* it was the same with EQ as well) and it didn't take effect until the next billing date. So although I technically cancelled in like October or something, because I had paid up through February I could still play until then -- it just meant they wouldn't automatically renew the subscription as they had been.

So you'll still be able to play EQ until February even if you cancel in November -- but I doubt they'll give any kind of refund even if you no longer wish to play. :p

Well if I decide to get EQ2 (still a big IF), I would probably play both until my EQ1 account expired. In EQ2, Eurekaa and I want to start a Palantiri family hehe. It's cool because you can do a guild and a family. The families all have the same last names, and the guilds are like they are in EQ, the people that you group and raid with. You can be in a family and a guild at the same time also. You can also get houses and guild houses. I am not positive, but I think in a guild house the bank is accessible by all? Or maybe that is just a DAOC thing. It seems that a lot of EQ2 things are based heavily on things that made DAOC differ from EQ in the first place - armor damage, releasing your spirit, houses, etc.

Archived